Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie, saying hi.

Hi all. First time Lexus owner, IS300h Exec  on 64 plate. Sonic titanium with light grey leather & black interior. Came from a 530d and only had the car for 3 days. Loving it already, even the eCVT, which suits my lazy driving style. Running in EV is a new experience as even my old 5er was a bit rattly at idle. Will spend some time reading the threads here but just wanted to say hi. 

6D33A467-319B-438F-939F-754FE995CCC5.jpeg

• Like 1

Welcome Gareth! I am myself moved from a BMW (I have had 525d) a few months ago and no regrets so far, as you said it does suit my lazy driving style, to be honest I was a bit more aggressive when I had a BMW.

I noticed as well that BMW engine running wasn't as smooth as they say, being 6-cylinder! Loving my Lexus for quietness and smoothness! 

What was the reason for you to change cars if I may ask?

Read all the threads here, I am sure you will love this place!

Add few more pictures! :)

Good luck!

Thanks all for the welcome 🙂

@vlady, I loved the diesel torque but it’s becoming more & more victimised recently and also my 530d was hitting the time where DPF issues could soon start becoming a problem. Also I was on M Sport suspension on 19” Spyders which looked great but in reality meant watching for pot-holes at every step of the way! The Lexus is much smoother and more relaxed, and whilst I’ll miss the shear grunt of that beemer, it is nice to be let out of junctions now by other drivers !! 😂😂

Will post a couple more pics tonight of the car, but thanks again for the welcome and look forward to participating. 

15 hours ago, Pink said:

Hi all. First time Lexus owner, IS300h Exec  on 64 plate. Sonic titanium with light grey leather & black interior. Came from a 530d and only had the car for 3 days. Loving it already, even the eCVT, which suits my lazy driving style. Running in EV is a new experience as even my old 5er was a bit rattly at idle. Will spend some time reading the threads here but just wanted to say hi. 

6D33A467-319B-438F-939F-754FE995CCC5.jpeg

mmmm lovely car ! - we have a 520d msport in the family but its  . . . . . .  nice to look at I would say - Harsh ride and hard seats - give me a numb bum after a while - not a patch on my oldish 430!

Enjoy your new car

6 hours ago, Pink said:

Thanks all for the welcome 🙂

@vlady, I loved the diesel torque but it’s becoming more & more victimised recently and also my 530d was hitting the time where DPF issues could soon start becoming a problem. Also I was on M Sport suspension on 19” Spyders which looked great but in reality meant watching for pot-holes at every step of the way! The Lexus is much smoother and more relaxed, and whilst I’ll miss the shear grunt of that beemer, it is nice to be let out of junctions now by other drivers !! 😂😂

Will post a couple more pics tonight of the car, but thanks again for the welcome and look forward to participating. 

Haha...I'm in the process of going the other way. I had an IS200 for seven years, moved on to a screaming 6 pot BMW 1 series coupe, moved back to semi sensible 3rd Gen IS for a few years, got bored now going back to the BMW (with of course a lengthy warranty:wink3:). I'll probably be back.

Lovely colour, almost identical to the Mineral grey 340i I've just ordered . - with M sports suspension and 19" wheels oops. I'll keep an eye on the pot holes. 

Attached a few more photos of new car as promised and the departing beemer 🙂

Bought a space saver wheel for the boot as never trusted a can of goo. 

@Doog, you definitely need to watch pot holes on those new wheels!

4DCB4C7A-09FF-4F55-A6A2-6AB236725706.jpeg

F67C74B1-0449-4509-8C50-CCF68698F833.jpeg

9BE4518B-9598-4155-B068-905BD9DF6A9E.jpeg

7EADBB33-AEE0-41CB-8735-517E6E98C841.jpeg

FF836F40-68DA-43C3-BE76-82BEBCA9FE42.jpeg

D601FED5-967D-442C-9F30-7B14FA59026D.jpeg

E93894C6-CCAC-4476-B0AB-0C6D58E2B343.jpeg

3ECA9B64-C777-4445-9CBB-A625859306AA.jpeg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Pink said:

Great motor !! 😀

I always did love the shape of the E60 and will still look out for them even now I’ve moved on. 

I couldn't agree more, love the shape. Some people hate it but I think it is still look modern! It's defo grows on you and I loved that color, pleasure to work on, I mean waxing etc!