Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What car / Stick with Lexus?

Copied post from IS forum - any RC owners have an opinion on the below?

Morning all - i have a musing regarding what car to get into next - currently have an "65" reg F Sort IS hybrid - it has the red interior and ML sound and is a lovely place to be!  It is a company car and will be coming to end of the term next year.  Being a petrol head i have already started looking for possible alternatives be that premature or not....

I don't do PCP / HP - we buy the car outright as an asset - Budget is around £30k. I don't have to buy brand new & usually go for something with less than 8k and well specced.  My business mileage is low (majority of miles being for personal use so it is more a perk and the commute is a 12 mile round trip (city driving mainly so the hybrid is useful and the low BIK tax is good)

BUT....

I can't decide what would be good next - i keep the car 3 three years and originally thought a nice RC hybrid would be a "natural progression".  The RC seem to hold their value well and for my budget the RC wouldn't be much younger that the IS, plus the interior (as nice as it is) is the same and the drive train is the same.  I do like the CVT in most cases but there are occasions when i would rather have a DCT or torque auto - my real question is is the RC different enough to keep my interest for another 3 years?

Alternatives i have looked at (but not driven all yet)

BMW 330e - a shadow M Sport, looks nice but even with the spec its like all other BMW's.  The BIK is even lower with this car and it will do my full commute on ev after a full charge at home - it also has combined 250+ bhp and 0-60 in 6 secs which considerably quicker than the RC. Anyone have experience of them? 

Infiniti Q60 - like the RC - great looking coupe - petrol 2.0t with 208 bhp & 8 speed auto - not as rapid as the BMW and no EV - BIK also higher but worth it for the rarity & looks?

Infiniti Q50 Hybrid - i looked at these prior to getting the IS - good looking - normal auto and similar self charging hybrid to Lexus - the USP is the 3.5 V6 and combined output is 360 bhp!  As it is hybrid the BIK is less than the RC and Q60 - i expect fuel economy won't be too great with a large engine but they do sound and go great. 

Anyone think of anything different which might fit the bill or have experience with any of the above?  The car needs to be no more than 3 years old and with a balance of warranty if possible....

Cheers for any input.