Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying a GS250 - looking for tips please

19 hours ago, Jamesf1 said:

Just a thought on seat temp, are you using eco mode as this reduces air con etc to draw less from the engine so maybe seats don’t heat up as much in eco mode. I had mine on 3 bars this morning in eco and seat was planets warm for me. Maybe my botttom is more sensitive lol

James I think I used Eco Mode once, when I bought the car, just to try it out. Just Normal Mode for me mostly.

Seat heaters are usually just filliments fitted under the seat = they are no more effective in sport mode or in eco.

Sport mode is amazing if you want to drive very sporty, and the throttle match on down shift is awesome. For haring up an Alpine pass hitting 90mph then braking hard for the hairpins sport is what you want. Eco or normal feel much of a likeness and I drive in them the bulk of the time

The seat heaters just are not very powerful in this car. It's not a deal breaker.

What is the little unmarked button next to the gear shifter for?

Economy seems good at the moment, how do I reset the average MPG? 

I discovered today how to adjust the headrests forwards/backwards which has improved comfort.  Very pleased as the seats are great!

Hi Dave,

If you mean the little black button, it is for releasing the shift lock.  So, in the event the car won't start and needs to be moved, it can release the shifter from the Park position.

To reset the gauge, you hold down the DISP button when it is selected.

I didn't think the headrests were adjustable back and forth?  Perhaps is varies depending on what seat your car has fitted?

7 hours ago, DaveWebDesigner said:

I discovered today how to adjust the headrests forwards/backwards which has improved comfort.  Very pleased as the seats are great!

Dave could you elaborate on this? This is my only slight concern with the car. Sat in a 2016 GS300h Exec today and found the headrest a bit intrusive. Managed to pull it out of its socket(!) but couldn't find a way to move back or forth. 

Raise the headrest up, and look where the bars enter the headrest. If they go in at the front of the slots it’s all the way back. Otherwise, From the rear seat, push the headrest forward firmly, pushing forward at its base. Once as far forward as it will go , let go and It will spring back to its rearmost position. To adjust It can then be pushed forward slowly and has 3 (I think) positions it can click into

You know the head rest should be touching your head or at least close to touching it. It’s there for your safety and to prevent whiplash in the event of a collision...

Just sayin...

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, st4 said:

You know the head rest should be touching your head or at least close to touching it. It’s there for your safety and to prevent whiplash in the event of a collision...

Just sayin...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep I know what you mean. When trying a car out I try to ensure that I'm able to sit moderately upright, steering wheel in a good position and able to relax my neck as head is on headrest. Am 6'4 and the GS seems to have a huge amount of legroom and fairly good headroom. I think this headrest though was pulled right forward as I felt very comfortable but that my head was being pushed forward somewhat. 

• Like 1

Yeah mine was the same, I put it back and much more comfortable, but the headrest is still in a great position should there be an impact from behind.

I think some cars automatically move the headrest in a crash, not sure if the GS is the same.

The driving position is great, providing you adjust it correctly.  In a lot of cars for me the steering wheel seems quite far away as I have long legs, but there is so much adjustment in the GS that I can get it prefect.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2018 at 12:16 PM, Jamesf1 said:

Just a thought on seat temp, are you using eco mode as this reduces air con etc to draw less from the engine so maybe seats don’t heat up as much in eco mode. I had mine on 3 bars this morning in eco and seat was planets warm for me. Maybe my botttom is more sensitive lol

There could be something in that, below taken from p32 of the GS brochure:

lexus-gs-catalogue_Page_32.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links