Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New RCF owner

@Comedian I think commenting on another mans wheels rear end in that manner is wholly inappropriate and I shall be reporting you to the MODS and I have one in mind......😆

Tis a nice red rear though innit....😉

🐀

• Haha 3

Thanks, I am really starting to enjoy this now. One of the less negative You Tube reviews stated that the car seems to grow on you month after month and I'm beginning to agree even though I've only had it a few days. I tend to use it in manual a lot of the time as its so good and you can really feel the suspension tightening up as you make progress, manual seems to effect the fuel consumption as I took her indoors out for a driving Miss Daisy ride in it and she noticed the fuel reading at 16 MPG. I said it was because of the extra weight in the car.

I have to be careful because she swears I put her back out once in my track prepped RX7. I had just run it in on one of the several engine re-builds these cars require and we had just posted a letter one Sunday morning and the industrial site was empty so I floored it, I really shouldn't have. So anyway I have to promise not to be stupid in her words.

Going back to the delightful paddle shift, I once tried a drop dead gorgeous Aston Martin V8s softtop in light metallic green from a place in Walton upon Thames it had the truly appalling speed shift paddle change system in it. I took it back after about ten minutes and said to the salesman that was the most crap paddle change I've experienced since test driving a Maserati 4200 Gambiocorsa to which he replied 'they use the same auto-box company' what could I say apart from I didn't want to try the manual. The engine sounded horrible too.

Heard that before about Aston box

Savage geese RCF review on YouTube is a good watch. Although following that channel makes me crave a dodge demon now.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Comedian said:

Savage geese RCF review on YouTube is a good watch. Although following that channel makes me crave a dodge demon now.

Thanks just watched it, a good honest review. I must admit when I've been about to buy a new car I always set a budget, find all the cars in that given budget and tried them all in as close a  time as possible to each other, then do some homework/research on running costs and reliability.

As I mentioned I tried a very late, last of the series BMW M3 super spec with EDC etc and loved the way it seemed to shrink around you and it felt alive. What I couldn't do was relax in it, it felt like it wanted to be driven quickly all the time and I figured that could be tiresome in the long run. I'm just pleased I saw the red RCF at my local filling station because I may well of overlooked a gem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, B1RMA said:

Walton upon Thames

Do you live this way? If you are we’ve talked about trying to organise a southern get together at some point, I’m in Cobham - it would be good to mobilise some southern shandies at some point...

1 hour ago, Comedian said:

Ha ha dodge this piccy then......

7A2EE220-4607-4897-85B5-C13FE69A052D.jpeg.640d8ba046837d2c148dc9bf553bd13d.jpeg

Big Rat

33 minutes ago, tomRCFcarbon said:

Do you live this way? If you are we’ve talked about trying to organise a southern get together at some point, I’m in Cobham - it would be good to mobilise some southern shandies at some point...

I live between Portsmouth and Petersfield. I regularly meet up with a few Mercedes guys at MB World Brooklands. In fact the member Nemesis on here is going to the gathering as well as myself on Sunday 21st if you fancy joining do come along we arrive about 10-11.

Always interested in meeting up and chewing the fat with fellow car nuts. I also go to a few Pistonheads gatherings too there is a lunch time gathering at the Hinton Arms Cheriton on the A272 (good road) between Winchester and Petersfield on the 14th that should be a good gathering as the food is good.

6 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Great road for a bit of spirited driving. Used it a lot on my way down to the Merc independent PCS in Hornedean :thumbsup:

If you are about the Pub meet on the 14th is generally a decent gathering of like minded car folk.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links