Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Engine Oils : Toyota PFE VS Anything else

Hello to everyone of you!

I am the proud and happy owner of a '08 IS220D with 114.000km on the ODO and it has been with me for the last 20.000kms. The car received the last 3 oil changes from me (one at 94.000km, one at 103.000km and the final one just a week ago at 104.000km). For all these oil changes I've used only Toyota PFE 5w30 engine oil and original Toyota Oil filter (except for the last oil change where I've switched to Knecht-Mahle because I couldn't find the Toyota one).

So, now that I've seen how this oil behaves* I think I am going to switch to another oil for my next change and I am looking for advice here for a better engine oil (if there is one), one that can make the engine a bit more "round", less noisy or more refined let's say. What are your experiences regarding oil in this engine? Have you ever managed to find differences in engine behaviours between different oil brands/technologies (not viscosity, because I am only going to put 5w30 in this engine, as the manufacturer recommends)?

Mention : I live in Romania, so we can get quite cold -20, -25, -30 Celsius even in January and February, so I really think 5w30 will be just fine for this type of weather.

*I have a semi-strong belief that the engine it is a bit more "rough" and "noisy" since I've changed the oil, the previous owner had used Castrol EDGE 5w30 and it seemed to be happier back then, but that it might be just the paranoia in me

Thanks a lot and have a great week ahead!

• 2 weeks later...

have to be very careful with the diesel, can't use normal stuff as it will clog it all up.   Specification is key, has to be c2  ... I buy Millers ... nice stuff  (XF Longlife C2 Fully Synthetic 5W30 E)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links