Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Weird blue tint to door mirrors

The last 2 mornings (light but sun not yet up) both doors mirrors have been heavily tinted blue.  It looks like someone has stuck a blue film to the mirrors.  I know the car has auto dimming mirrors as have my previous Lexus but I’ve never seen this before.  Any suggestions other than take it back to the dealer.

It does appear to dim in proper daylight but there’s still an outline there.

cheers

Peter

0794A407-DA41-441C-A52E-59AD46529E7A.jpeg

It's always been there on every car I've had with auto-dim mirrors but must admit never that obvious.

Perhaps the lighting conditions were such that the dim function had kicked in? Was it the same on the interior RVM?

Does it go away if you cancel the dim function using the button on the bottom of the RVM?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

It's always been there on every car I've had with auto-dim mirrors but must admit never that obvious.

Perhaps the lighting conditions were such that the dim function had kicked in? Was it the same on the interior RVM?

Does it go away if you cancel the dim function using the button on the bottom of the RVM?

Mirror glass went dark blue this morning as soon as the nav screen went into night mode.  Headlights automatically on.  Turning off the RVM returned the door mirror glass to clear.  Turning the RVM back on again the door mirror glass went dark blue.  As soon as there’s more natural daylight the blue colour goes away.

As Rayaan suggests try turning the auto headlamp sensitivity to minimum and see what happens?

The system seems to be functioning ok as it clears when you disable the function with the RVM button, so it may simply be too sensitive.

On 10/4/2018 at 9:34 AM, Habu said:

I checked the sensitivity this morning and it’s set right in the middle.  I’ll drop it one and see what happens tomorrow morning.

Thats too sensitive. Put it all the way to the bottom 

Headlights in the middle setting seem to be on almost all the time.

Mine's on the factory default position (middle) and seems just about right. Maybe it's model dependant?

The only time I feel the need to intervene is when it's raining, flicking the headlamps to On. Why don't Lexus have the same system as Mercedes, whereby the dipped headlamps come on if the wipers operate for >20sec?

The number of numpties driving around in the torrential rain today without any lights on ....

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Mine's on the factory default position (middle) and seems just about right. Maybe it's model dependant?

The only time I feel the need to intervene is when it's raining, flicking the headlamps to On. Why don't Lexus have the same system as Mercedes, whereby the dipped headlamps come on if the wipers operate for >20sec?

The number of numpties driving around in the torrential rain today without any lights on ....

I think it is model dependent as you mention.

The RX for example has extremely sensitive headlights even when on the lowest setting. It'll turn on under trees in my driveway whereas the IS on the lowest setting wont. 

• Like 1