Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus UX prices

They have made a big error in pricing the Takumi with AWD at over £40K. This equals higher VED for 5 years. People will be looking at lower range models with option packs to get under this limit. You still can't get under with the F-Sport + Takumi + AWD.

And why doesn't the Tech + Safety Pack include the 360deg cameras?

4 hours ago, malcolmw said:

They have made a big error in pricing the Takumi with AWD at over £40K. This equals higher VED for 5 years. People will be looking at lower range models with option packs to get under this limit. You still can't get under with the F-Sport + Takumi + AWD.

And why doesn't the Tech + Safety Pack include the 360deg cameras?

Most will just buy the FWD Takumi I presume.

AWD is a gimmick in these cars anyway and there's no situation in which the E-4 will be of any use in comparison to FWD tbh. Its certainly not strong enough to get you out of a ditch as its not sophisticated enough and its of no use in ice either. 

The 360 degree camera is included in the Takumi pack. If someone needs 360 degree cameras on a car of this size, I think more driving lessons are in order.

19 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

AWD an option for all grades. Quite a complex options list, not in keeping with the Lexus of old.

The description of the options is rather confusing. Needs a table to explain what you get with each, what is standard on each trim level etc. I guess that will come in time.

1 hour ago, rayaans said:

AWD is a gimmick in these cars anyway and there's no situation in which the E-4 will be of any use in comparison to FWD tbh. Its certainly not strong enough to get you out of a ditch as its not sophisticated enough and its of no use in ice either. 

Well, if you don't want AWD with the hybrid drive train then you might as well get a top spec. Toyota CH-R and save money. The only CH-R model they don't offer is a Hybrid with AWD.

9 minutes ago, malcolmw said:

Well, if you don't want AWD with the hybrid drive train then you might as well get a top spec. Toyota CH-R and save money. The only CH-R model they don't offer is a Hybrid with AWD.

NVH and quality isn't as good though on the CHR.

Similar to getting a Tiguan from a Q5

That is a lot of money for a small car but unfortunately in line with the competition from jaguar, audi, merc, volvo etc.

Seems those little baby buggies are extremely overpriced as the manufacturers can simply get away with it. Demand is incredible everybody seems to want one. I recently was in a volvo showroom looking at a XC40 T5. great little car and yes expensive but hey it looks nice and is sold out for 7 months ! In the other side of the showroom was a brandnew S90, old school saloon full options biggest car they make leather etc etc for THESAME price !!!! And nobody wants one almost insellable...

Shows hey, if you want value for money go for a saloon. 520i - e200 - a6 2.0 - ES etc etc.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, forbes said:

According  to my dealer the Takumi model comes standard  with E FOUR also known as AWD. But he could be wrong.

Unfortunately, he is wrong. E-Four is an option on ALL UX models, even the Takumi spec.

I think it was said earlier in the thread that the AWD option on these is a gimmick. I am a sales exec for Lexus and I will have no issue telling my customers this. It will make the car heavier, more expensive, worse MPG figures and is basically redundant. This is not an off road vehicle.

This also means that you will be able to buy a top spec UX Takumi with a paint option and it will fall under £40,000 as long as you dont spec E-Four...which you don't want to!!

21 hours ago, javadude said:

The description of the options is rather confusing. Needs a table to explain what you get with each, what is standard on each trim level etc. I guess that will come in time.

Feel free to ask me any questions regarding spec! Once the full configurator is up and running on the website things will be much more clear.

Thanks for your kind offer ref the specs.

Which models have:

- Electric Memory seats

- Auto-folding door mirrors

- Sensors on all 4 side doors for the keyless locking/unlocking. 

Thanks

4 hours ago, Anon said:

Unfortunately, he is wrong. E-Four is an option on ALL UX models, even the Takumi spec.

I think it was said earlier in the thread that the AWD option on these is a gimmick. I am a sales exec for Lexus and I will have no issue telling my customers this. It will make the car heavier, more expensive, worse MPG figures and is basically redundant. This is not an off road vehicle.

This also means that you will be able to buy a top spec UX Takumi with a paint option and it will fall under £40,000 as long as you dont spec E-Four...which you don't want to!!

Could you be wrong  Anon, as you said in another post it 100% wouldn't be priced over 40k which it is once you tick all the boxes,  But is it as  UX F SPORT with takumi pack which gives you E FOUR   comes in at under 40k  Perhaps it depends if it's UK spec and prices or other countries your referring to.

Are any in the UK available to view/drive yet? My wife’s Q3 is up next next and I’d like to know whether this gets on the shortlist. 

Worth remembering that prices of almost every car have gone nuts right now. Bloody Ford Focus cost £25k+ nowadays. 

We can blame PCP for that as list prices don't tend to matter anymore to the general public, just the monthly prices. 

I can remember when the RX used to cost £35k for a top spec one, now its £60k. My wage certainly hasn't gone up by a similiar percentage lol. 

13 hours ago, DJP said:

Are any in the UK available to view/drive yet? My wife’s Q3 is up next next and I’d like to know whether this gets on the shortlist. 

Demo cars December maybe. Delivery’s March 2019. Uk dealers in Portugal this week for official launch so should be getting more info soon.

23 hours ago, Richard1200 said:

Demo cars December maybe. Delivery’s March 2019. Uk dealers in Portugal this week for official launch so should be getting more info soon.

My dealer has just got back from Portugal and says the car drives great (he’d hardly say it was rubbish though would he!). Can order in Jan, demo’s in March and delivery from April. Going to be interesting I think. UX v Q3 v E Pace are the runners.