Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I took my car in today to get the tires rotated and discovered that the front and back tires on my car are different sizes.  This difference is in the width.  The front tires are 225 while the rear tires are 245's.  Basically, I was told that I could not rotate the tires because of this. My question is, is this normal?  Did my car come from the factory like this?  If not, just curious which you think would be better for the car as I am going to have to get new tires shortly.

yes its normal,I have 225's on the front and 255's on the rears of my f sport,apparently it's for better traction and handling,although if you want to you could go for 225's all round but not 245's,hope this helps.Furthermore being a rare wheel drive l don't think you gain anything from swapping or rotating the fronts to the rears😊 

4 hours ago, johnatg said:

17" wheels have 225 at the front and 245 at the rear - factory fitment. 18" wheels have 225 front and 255 rear.

Check your handbook for standard tyre sizes.

Agreed! You can also check your tire size on the sticker from the driver's door. 225/45/17 in the front and 245/45/17 in the rear. I think the original tires fitted on this car were Toyo Proxes R32.

I'm a bit anal about having same tyres all round. Because the sizes are different front and back I had to go up a speed rating to get all four tyres of the same make from the same site, Strange I know but maybe just me. Ended up with Dunlop sport max rt2 tyres all round. I find them great for the is220d.

i know you're not supposed to lower the speed rating but ok to increase it. I can safely travel at 100mph+, like you could lol. Be lucky to get over 40 round here.