Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Low tyre pressure warning

I am the original poster and can report the low tyre pressure warning and the red triangle exclamation mark have both disappeared without any remedial action.

A new lambda sensor has just been fitted which appears to have corrected a lumpy idle and presumably Lexus Guildford cleared the codes from the ECU. Whatever happened the car was returned to me without the tyre warnings.

My criticism of lexus design is that the warning for low pressure should be amber and not red. On the motorway in road works my wife seeing the red triangle [but not the text reading low pressure] dived through the cones into the works area thinking the car was in meltdown. There was a nail in a tyre but the journey could have continued safely for some distance. Glad I was not on board because it must have been quite hairy.

More recently the warning came on again on the same motorway and amongst the same road works but this time there was no problem with the tyres or their pressures.

Re-reading this thread makes me think I never want a car with TPMS, especially given the Lexus part costs more than I paid for my LS in the first place.

My Mother In Law had a GOlf with TPMS, became a real pain once it started to play up so she got rid of it.

Lol both wrong gov site says 2012,

i bought 5 new tpms and got them coded and put onto aftermarket alloys, but still have orginal alloys with tpms for winter time, but have had to store originals away from where i park my LS as overtime originals lost a bit of pressure and everytime i parked up outside house or on drive or garage the warning would pop up on dash and intially didnt have a clue why Warning was coming on till weeks later when i moved wheels in garage to shed at bottom of garden, bingo no warning then checked pressure on orginal n found problem lol

on my SC i unplugged tpms system with no warnings or alarms appearing... can be done on early to 2006 but seemingly not on 07-09 models

• Like 2