Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Japanese to English, this is what it says!

So trying to work out what my reverse camera screen says, I've used Google translate, and when I press various options it says: "Tandem parking" and "Be behind the next car"   Does that mean anything to anyone?  I'm keen to know what it does because it's clearly more than just a camera. All good fun!

Tomorrow, I'll scan the relevant pages from my 460 manual and post them on here. From experience, I can tell you that it is quicker just to park it yourself. It is a 'parallel parking' system.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tulpen said:

Tomorrow, I'll scan the relevant pages from my 460 manual and post them on here. From experience, I can tell you that it is quicker just to park it yourself. It is a 'parallel parking' system.

Thank you, I really appreciate that. It's just a bit of fun!

Hi Phil,

I've just had a look at the manual and the 'Intelligent Parking Assist System' section is 60 (yes, SIXTY) pages long!  This is not in the Owners Manual but in the Navigation System Manual.

You can see why I never use it. You might be better advised to see if you can get one on eBay.

Yup, Serial Parking Assist Mode button on the left and Perpendicular Parking Assist Mode button on the right of the Reverse Camera screen.
To be honest, if you can reverse park then neither of them are really of any use.
I have played with both, and they don't save any time or effort.

Pages 312 - 331 of the UK 2004 Owners Manual. 
Doesn't show in any of the downloadable US Manuals and Lexus UK no longer seem to carry the LS430/460 UK manuals in PDF format, although they have some in other languages for some reason.

Does anyone have a PDF version of the UK Owners Manual? I have the paper version already.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tulpen said:

Hi Phil,

I've just had a look at the manual and the 'Intelligent Parking Assist System' section is 60 (yes, SIXTY) pages long!  This is not in the Owners Manual but in the Navigation System Manual.

You can see why I never use it. You might be better advised to see if you can get one on Ebay.

Thank you, not a problem.