Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Con Artist

Stu

I was bidding on some rugby tickets for the england wales game at twickenham on eBay, and was outbid quite considerably!

This guy emailed me to say he had a pair of tickets, and would sell them to me for £175. So i said ok, but i want some guarantees. He said no problem, and that he would contact eBay to confirm the sale through them. I got a message from an alleged eBay source this morning, containing his user name, and that he was highly reccomended as a seller (unusual for eBay to reccomend someone), also telling me NOT to reply to the mail, as i would not get a response because it was an automated service. This made me think, and fortunatley i am a synical sod, so i checked him out on eBay, and sent a copy of the message to them. His user name has been banned permanently after 2 days of membership, which was earlier this week.

So i managed to save myself the £175 just for being synical. Watch out for people contacting you after an you bid on an auction saying they have the same item for sale. If in doubt, contact eBay to verify their status, or even better, just delete the message and ignore it.

The guy's email etc was "grasu _xXx <catamen2003@yahoo.com>"

Watch out for him.

Stu :driving:

But what would have happened if i hadn't questionned it?

I would have lost my money, and got nothing from him at all.

What about if that was someone who didn't have a lot of money and desperatley wanted to go?

They get away with it too often, and it ain't fair on law abiding citizens such as myself, who get caught by these **** heads.

What about if that was someone who didn't have a lot of money and desperatley wanted to go?

so are you saying you have loads of money stu? :P :P

Not really, but i could have afforded the £175 for the tickets if they were genuine.

I know that i am ripped off by the government daily, but that is not getting money out of me under false pretences, as i know about tax, NI etc etc.

This guy, and indeed others like him, are blatantly steeling money from people under nothing but false pretences. That is theft.

Sorry if i seem opinionated about this, but in my opinion, people that do this are lower than low, i don't care what their reasons are, they have the same potential as everyone else, so why don't they do like paul said and get a job or start a business or summit?

I cant see the difference.....he NEARLY got money from you where as the government do it on a daily basis.

Do you know how much supermarkets pay for a 2litre bottle of coke....

15p yet they sell it for almost a pound?........the list goes on.

Or how much petrol is REALLY worth.

No such thing as a bargain

I cant see the difference.....he NEARLY got money from you where as the government do it on a daily basis.

Do you know how much supermarkets pay for a 2litre bottle of coke....

15p yet they sell it for almost a pound?........the list goes on.

Or how much petrol is REALLY worth.

Yes, but i KNOW that the government are screwing money out of me, and that people are adding excessive profits onto their products, but at the end of tha day, i get at least something for my money, even from paying NI i get health treatment and care, whereas with this guy, i would have got nothing, and i would have paid for that nothing.

Thats the difference.

Stu

There are 2 arguments here.

Pete, being ripped off by the government etc is something we all know about and choose to accept it by agreeing to pay it, whether we like it or not.

What Stu is talking about is actually being robbed blind by scammers, and in this case, on eBay.

Lets not get the 2 confused or mixed up.

Stu raised a very genuine concern about being careful on eBay and this thread is going down the 'rip off britain' line.

There are 2 arguments here.

Pete, being ripped off by the government etc is something we all know about and choose to accept it by agreeing to pay it, whether we like it or not.

What Stu is talking about is actually being robbed blind by scammers, and in this case, on Ebay.

Lets not get the 2 confused or mixed up.

Stu raised a very genuine concern about being careful on Ebay and this thread is going down the 'rip off britain' line.

Agreed, we've gone off-topic.

I had no intention of this thread getting into an argument, and Ifraz has got the difference of topic summed up to a tee.

And so the moral of the story.............................

Be careful when buying things off strange people! :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links