Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi just a bit of advise for 220d ovners

Hi, i had all these common problems with this model. Pressure in the cooling system throws out all the coolant out engine overheats also there was alot of boubles . Ive done the gas test in coolant it was positive so i thought its the head gasket but done alot of research on internet and found that it could be egr cooler. So everyone check your egr valve is its wet soot it mean your egr cooler need to be replaced it must be dry that means your cooler works well. Mine was wet.anyway i was still hetting boubles so changed the water pump to as i think water wasnt moving right thats it car feels like brand new now no more overheating feels beter over all. No more pressure form that water bottle once engine is shut few minutes later  you can apen the cap no more presure.  Btw first goest your pump then oil cooler has i hard time then your egr cooler and your egr and overall performance and economy so here you go the cure😁

• 2 weeks later...

interesting read.... I'm finding my water level is occasionally dropping slightly... seems random, can run a few  weeks with heavy driving and no change, then 5min trip to the shops and I see it fall below the line... I assumed the pressure relief in the cap was weak, so replaced that, slightly better but not fixed.

I will have a look at the EGR ... about time I had a look anyway (my mpg is low 30's,  motorway and town driving)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links