Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting a toggle or push switch in a Lexus hybrid as a kill switch to stop theft

9 hours ago, SpeedyGee said:

So this works until you next unlock the car by pressing the unlock button?

Yes. The key fob stops transmitting completely and so is totally safe. Saves the Battery too. The fob re-activates immediate as soon as you click the unlock button. 

7 hours ago, stan_of_saxons said:

It must be better to get “automatic” protection with an immobiliser… what’s the worth of your car… as we are talking Lexus the cost of immobilise is SO small

I don't call £400 small at all and I really don't think it's worth it given that they will already have access and be inside your car before it begins to do its job. They could nick anything in there or cause damage just because they will be pigged off at not being able to start the car. Like I said above, the best thing is to deter them and make them think that your car is too much hassle to bother with so that they don't even try to get in and they move off elsewhere.

OK, locking a big yellow bar to the steering wheel every time you leave the car is slightly more hassle than punching a few numbers, but it keeps them out and at just sixty-odd quid is a fraction of what that Ghost system costs.

Cars of this nature are usually stolen to order.

Lexus probably ranks amongst the lowest on the stolen list tbh. The German cars are in high demand, especially the S, RS, M and AMG models. 

Id stick with the Faraday cover and call it a day tbh. If I had an LC, it'd be a different story.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I’ve had the “Ghost” system fitted for 10 days now and found it very assuring to know that my car will be where I left it… it takes 4 to 5 seconds extra to start it but I very soon was used to doing the start-up sequence.

Well worth it and I found that Aviva has the Ghost immobiliser it on its approved list so that should help with the insurance costs in the future.

Highly recommended SO thanks again Matt8.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links