Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello from Finland!

Sami Tilander

Hi Sami, welcome and enjoy your gs. How is the Battery charge?  Looking for a gs myself was a bit worried about buying an older hybrid. Be interesting to see how you get on with yours as may sway me to get a hybrid rather than a petrol gs. Yours looks in fab condition

21 hours ago, Farqui said:

Welcome to the forum Sami, that's a fine looking GS.

Have the alloys been changed?

Not sure about the alloys, at least I've not changed them. They do have Lexus logo, so I've been assuming that they are original ones. I of course have second set of allows for winter tires, and they are not original.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Scouselexus said:

Hi Sami, welcome and enjoy your gs. How is the battery charge?  Looking for a gs myself was a bit worried about buying an older hybrid. Be interesting to see how you get on with yours as may sway me to get a hybrid rather than a petrol gs. Yours looks in fab condition

Battery seems to charge well and the hybrid system gives quite nice increase to the performance 😉   I have been also a bit worried about the Battery lifetime, but after reading those threads about Battery cell changes, I'm pretty confident that the hybrid system is not going to cause big issues... (fingers crossed)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sami Tilander said:

Not sure about the alloys, at least I've not changed them. They do have Lexus logo, so I've been assuming that they are original ones. I of course have second set of allows for winter tires, and they are not original.

According to the brochure the tri-spoke 18"s are the standard alloys for the GS450H, these;

20170419_165356 (Large).jpg

I'd like a spare set of alloys as mine could do with some TLC.

19 hours ago, Farqui said:

I've been browsing eBay and your alloys look like GS300's.

Could you take/upload a pic of the front caliper clearance?

You mean this kind of pic? At least I can easily fit my fingers between the caliper and allow...

DSC_0473.jpg

DSC_0474.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome Sami. I too have a GS450 like yours and it’s a great car.

6bc5e95f916616f14fa1d7726089e94b.jpg

I like the alloy wheels on your car and I bet they are easier to clean than mine! From your last picture it looks like you have drilled brake discs/rotors. Mine are vented but not drilled. Was this a modification you made or was that what it was like when you bought it?

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Odysseus said:

Welcome Sami. I too have a GS450 like yours and it’s a great car.

I like the alloy wheels on your car and I bet they are easier to clean than mine! From your last picture it looks like you have drilled brake discs/rotors. Mine are vented but not drilled. Was this a modification you made or was that what it was like when you bought it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! Cleaning of the alloys is really easier, I guess I was lucky with those alloys :-) 

I've not done (yet) many mods, but you are right: I've changed the front brake rotors. The brakes were a bit shaking the car, so I decided to change the pads and rotors. The real root cause was one seized/stuck pad. Those discs are made by Zimmerman (the Sports discs). I 'm planning to do the same for the rear brakes too... 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links