Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Are you a forum stalker?

Are you a forum stalker?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Do you just read and very infrequently contribute?

• Yes. I just like to be in the background
    • No. I regularly contribute as it keeps the forum alive and interesting

I fall into both sort of, as someone who changes his car more or less every year once I've test driven the car of my preferred choice I always lurk/investigate the marque by going on the owners forum. You get a much better idea than any Youtube or Top Gear review from the people who actually own the cars, well that's my take on it anyway. I've had my opinion changed about my choice of car sometimes negative sometimes positive from such forums.

Once I've bought the car and joined the owners forum I like to think that I contribute in a constructive way, and just hope we haven't all been taken in and bought a load of crap.

• Like 2

I wouldn't say I was a stalker, however I don't believe in waffling on for the sake of it, sometimes I do sit there and read the posts with commenting, when I think I have something to contribute, well you cant shut me up!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've done 416 posts over 8 years; so exactly one a week. Where does that put me on the stalker----------.contributor axis?

Or are we taking quality of post into account too? How would we rate that? 

33 minutes ago, MNMJ said:

I've done 416 posts over 8 years; so exactly one a week. Where does that put me on the stalker----------.contributor axis?

Good point about the quality of posts, some just drone on to get their post count up.

1 hour ago, Mark G said:

............and some just drone on to get their post count up..................:gora:

Don’t put yourself down. I vaguely remember one of your posts being useful....... I think 

😜

• Like 1

A forum stalker at the moment. Decided a few months ago I wanted to own a big V8 and after some research decided on a ISF. Realistically it will be 18months before I will be in a position to buy, so been stalking the forum since to build up some knowledge.

• Like 2

I guess I'm a stalker but that sounds negative, A surfer perhaps less so?   Im in the market to buy and find the forum a goldmine of info in the search for the right one. Particular thanks to @Big Rat 

When I buy I'm sure I will move towards contributor but in the mean time I remain an occasional surfer.

• Like 1

The post rating system?

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

I stalked for a year until I got a isf back in August 2016, for past 2 years I've been stalking again watching some of you jump from the isf to a rcf or gsf.

My favourite stalking is the isf mods, as my isf is a keeper for life it's nice to see other owners enjoying there isf.

I've not done any mods to mine yet that are worth talking about, but soon it will be paid for and I'll legally own it outright, I wasn't going to mention it until I started the work next spring but my isf will be a full on "CCSR ISF" copy once it's done.

Pic of a real CCSR

38743231_759530904448707_5408495532366626816_o.jpg

• Like 1

I stalked this forum and the Lexus used car site for the best part of a year before buying, and then coming out on these pages. 

Its great to see dealers asking £32k for a 5 year old car. In 2010,  they were advertising an 8 month old one with 1800 miles for only £40k

• Like 1

I would say that i am a mixture of there two.  Always keen to read what is going on but i don't always feel that i have much to contrbute as a new thread as such.  

On that note, I had somebody (or maybe two people) spit at me when driving the RCF the other day.  I say two people as what landed on the drivers door and window couldn't have come from one person.  Hey ho, at least it just washed off 😮.  Thats the first time i have had anything negative happen.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1