Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX300h Luxury 2018 Sat Nav Route cancellation

While following a route on the Sat Nav is there a way to cancel the route using voice commands, ie hands free?

Easy to create a route using voice but can't see how to cancel other than using the touch pad, selecting route then delete - in other words not hand free.

I'd be interested to know too. On my old RX400h it would recognise the voice command "Suspend Guidance" but a decade on and they've removed this functionality from the NX. I go to the sat nav menu and then select suspend guidance there which might be slightly easier than deleting the destination but still not hands free.

I contacted Lexus UK and got the following response

Thank you for your email regarding your Lexus NX300h. Regrettably there is no voice command option to cancel the route guidance on your vehicle, this can only be done by manually cancelling it using the touch pad.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused & thank you for contacting Lexus.

Unquote

Thanks. Shame. Odd to have the newer models remove good stuff from the older ones. (And I still can't get over why they removed the best bit of nx styling on the facelift: the sharp contours at the sides of the front bumper. Oh well, my next car will be electric so at the moment that means it doesn't look like it'll be a Lexus anyway.)

• 1 month later...

On 11/19/2018 at 5:50 PM, Barryhi said:

Voice command to "Suspend Guidance is available on mine, a March 2018 model

Checked mine today and "Suspend Guidance" voice control is not available on mine.  Perhaps of the extras the Luxury version has e.g. radar assisted cruise control, media control etc memory for software could be limited? Dunno.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links