Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Parking sensor on Rx 400H

Hi- sorry to create a new thread. I have looked high and low on forums, but have not been able to find an answer. 

I have Rx400H- 2008 model, for about 4 weeks both the front and back parking sensors are not working- there is no audible beep. The reverse camera is working as normal

Is there something that I have done to disable the audible sensor and what is the solution

Kind Regards

• Like 1

I think I recall on some of the RX 400h the parking sensors were a dealer fit option and that for some reason there's a button to disable them near the tailgate and fuel cap release buttons (down and to the right of the steering wheel). Have a look round there and see if there's something you've inadvertently pressed.

3 hours ago, ISJason said:

I have a 2007 RX 400h. The front parking sensor is a dealer add on. The switch is near the gear shift, if it's any help

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have this black blob with a button and tiny red LED near gear shift - but I am not sure how it works - or when it should work.
What does your's look like?
I guess my front parking sensors have connectivity issues - randomly every few months they would suddenly start working, though the button itself has no effect at any time.

1. Thanks Rich- checked for a button near the fuel cap release button- none there
  2. Thanks ISjason- there is sort of a knob on the panel infront of the gearstick- to the side of the seat heater knob, similar to what Romasato has suggested. I always wonder what it was- sometime it had a green light that comes on in the middle of the knob- but that light was temperamental- never knew what it meant or was suppose to do- but now dont see the light coming on and pressing the knob nothing happens
  3. I presume will have to live without it- having got used to it - got spoilt
  4. If anyone has any idea- could it be a fuse ?

Thanks for information

Mine has a black switch.. you press it down to turn the front sensors off.. there's no LED on mine, except for the range guide which is on the top of the dash

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links