Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wing mirrors angling down on reversing

I read in the manual that the wing mirrors can automatically angle downwards when you put the gear shift into reverse, presumably to see the roadside easier.

i tried this but nothing seemed to happen, so I thought I would ask if this is a thing only available on luxury or premier models? I have an executive model, which does not have the auto mirror fold in and out on start up or turn off.

Thanks in advance 

On my 2016 RC one selects either left or right exterior mirror on the adjustment switch. If neither is selected nothing happens on selecting Reverse

Also check that the mirror position when in Reverse has been set, otherwise they won't move! The mirror position when reverse is selected is relative to the 'normal' position.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Only works on vehicles with memory seats and mirrors as they need to know which position to revert back to 

I'm pretty confident the executive model doesn't have it.

Thank you for the replies, I think this answers it though. I don’t have memory seats and mirrors. Just another little gizmo (like a rear view camera) that would have been useful on my car.

Oh well, I will just have to turn my head when reversing 😂