Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New control arm bushes fitted today.

The-Acre

The front lower rear bushes (the big ones) were very cracked so I bought new ones for £45 a pair.  I think I'm right in saying a main dealer won't sell the bushes separately?  The mechanic removed the old and pressed in the new, he also replaced the ARB front bushes, all for £70 labour.  Pretty good I thought.

IMG_20181008_131706244_HDR.jpg

21 hours ago, RgrWynne said:

Hi Phil enjoying your posts🤓. Has fitting the new bushes made a noticeable improvement in the ride ? Rgds, Roger

Hi Roger, a bit too early to tell as I've been using my other car for work.  I will be driving it to London next week so I'll report back.  It's really good to have someone who's happy to do these sort of jobs! He's the guy who put a replacement shock absorber on for me for £75.  That really did transform the ride.  

On 10/11/2018 at 9:11 AM, RgrWynne said:

Hi Phil enjoying your posts🤓. Has fitting the new bushes made a noticeable improvement in the ride ? Rgds, Roger

Hi Roger, as promised an update.  I drove to London and back today and everything felt absolutely fine, although it did feel good before the bushes were fitted.  The one thing that has gone is the slight creaking sound at low speed cornering so I'm chuffed with it all.  Even more chuffed with the fuel consumption, better than my pre-facelift. At 55mph (which I only did for 8 miles) it showed 38mpg, plus it drove beautifully!

37 minutes ago, RgrWynne said:

Great news Phil, enjoy. We are off to London, then Cotswolds next week, so long trips, which in an LS Lexus you always look forward to.rgds, Roger

Yes, I always look forward to driving when I'm in a Lexus, although parking a big car in Chelsea today was a challenge.  I had to park in the very posh part, the only meter I could find, only £14.60 for three hours!  Have fun next week👍

• Thanks 1