Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ISF wide price range

5 hours ago, Flytvr said:

I saw a VXR8 the other day. Don’t want to put you off one, but age (IMHO) is not being kind to them. The ISF on the other hand - damn, ISFs still looks fresh. Quite often I’ll be in convoy with an ISF and I always admire its lines.

I’ve SO got a soft spot for ISFs ❤️

I like the look of the big Vauxhall...though it's the earlier ones I like, they got uglier/fussier later on [not that I'd have the budget for a newer one].

I think the ISF is a better looking car but the VXR8 is more purposeful.

5 hours ago, PRT68 said:

I really don't think sellers push the emphasis on warranty enough. Most on here know the cars are bullet proof, but I imagine most potential buyers don't know this. Many will have looked at the main contenders, C63 and M3 etc, read about the problems on the forums, and been put off. They may then assume the F range is the same.

I chose my ISF in June after much research here and elsewhere. I realised I could buy a very high performance car, and have a warranty until it was 12 years old!

Purchased from Lexus Coventry at 7 years old, it came with the usual 12 months warranty. At the same time I also signed up for the 2 for 1 extended warranty at £66 x 12 months. Total 3 years. My intention is to keep the car for 2 years. I can then try to sell privately with the balance of the warranty being transferrable. If I keep it, I can renew the warranty before it's 10 years old and within mileage limit, hopefully for another 2 years.

I hope my assumptions are correct. Shoot me down if not!!

The warranty is what attracted me to the ISF [besides the V8]. V8 M3's are easily into the teens now but I'd be more worried about something going pop [and the warranties are so much more expensive]...saying that, my current car is a Forester STi with the not so reliable 2.5 and a potential £5k+ bill if it gives up!!

5 minutes ago, Tfp said:

I've heard of a few engine failures with the VXR8's, be careful.

I think that would be pretty rare though. As per my Foz, I'd just need to find one that's be properly cared for etc. All for the future though...an ISF will remain top of the list.

Saying that, if bloody petrol keeps going up like it is, I'll have to replace my 25mpg car for something more boring. I paid over 1.40 for the first time ever the other day 😞

2 hours ago, BUG4LIFE said:

I like the look of the big Vauxhall...though it's the earlier ones I like, they got uglier/fussier later on [not that I'd have the budget for a newer one].

I think the ISF is a better looking car but the VXR8 is more purposeful.

but its like sitting in a Vauxhall Astra! I was really tempted before buying the F, but its like pulling a minger and sobering up before you get her back home, I just couldn't do it!

• Haha 4

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links