Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

ISF wide price range

There’s a fair few for sale at the moment both at main dealers and Auto trader, one has over 100k miles for a little over £12.5k and Lexus reading put a 13plate car on for £32k no pictures as yet.

This is the second time we’ve seen £32k in recent months.

The last one was @Warrington guy Daves old car, which although it didn’t sell at the indie that bought it originally it did go quickly at Lexus Hedge End.

Big Rat

@Bluethunder It certainly does have one Nean I spoke with the owner as someone pm me about the car, he used it to pull his jet ski apparently, these cars were never holmigated to tow in the Uk I don’t know about other markets where they were sold. Maybe @ColinBarber can throw some light on that.

He bought the car from Lexus Derby and had it for 5 years with nay a problem...... I don’t know anymore Scottish......☺️

Big Rat

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Big Rat said:

@Bluethunder It certainly does have one Nean I spoke with the owner as someone pm me about the car, he used it to pull his jet ski apparently, these cars were never holmigated to tow in the Uk I don’t know about other markets where they were sold. Maybe @ColinBarber can throw some light on that.

He bought the car from Lexus Derby and had it for 5 years with nay a problem...... I don’t know anymore Scottish......☺️

Big Rat

there would be no issues, whilst still under EU law there is still an equivalency policy, ie IS250 etc are allowed to tow therefore it can carry over if the fundamental structure is the same, key driver being the weight of the vehicle and in this case the ISF is heavier than that of the homologated vehicles so more favourable

• Like 1

Yes @Big Rat how the prices vary. As you know I went to look at the 2012 red car In Stoke non franchise dealer reduced to £22.500 recently. (they have had it since June). Mechanically tight but needed paint on nearly every panel so reluctantly I walked away.  Im talking to Lexus Edinburgh about the Blue 2012 car and that's £29.995.  

surfer turned contributor :thumbsup:

• Like 1

@gb1600e Glynn yes the panels on the Stoke car certainly need some attention, the Edinburgh car does look nice it came from Manheim auction Birmingham to the dealer at Edinburgh a few months ago, more than that I know no more about the car.

Heres a picture of her at the auction.

Big Rat

B4D9EED6-596F-47F5-AF93-7306429ABE19.thumb.jpeg.f88e9099aecd8577234e176afd3f855e.jpeg

40 minutes ago, Twellsie said:

there would be no issues, whilst still under EU law there is still an equivalency policy, ie IS250 etc are allowed to tow therefore it can carry over if the fundamental structure is the same, key driver being the weight of the vehicle and in this case the ISF is heavier than that of the homologated vehicles so more favourable

I did look into a tow bar for mine, I was LED to believe that no tests had been carried out on the ISF for towing, was told that insurance could be “void” if an accident occurred was also under the impression that a “bespoke” one would be required. Didn’t think the IS tow bar was compatible, I was considering a complete detachable one so no evidence of fitment would have been visible.....I could have been mislead 🤔  

• Like 2

@Womble72 Paul I really don’t know the legal position of this but I can certainly understand the insurance aspect, looks like the car has a detachable fitment. I reckon they would make a pretty impressive tow car albeit the torque is a little to far up the scale..... just have to punch it I guess.... POWER....as Clarkson would say 😂

Big Rat

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Womble72 said:

I did look into a tow bar for mine, I was led to believe that no tests had been carried out on the ISF for towing, was told that insurance could be “void” if an accident occurred was also under the impression that a “bespoke” one would be required. Didn’t think the IS tow bar was compatible, I was considering a complete detachable one so no evidence of fitment would have been visible.....I could have been mislead 🤔  

the grey area comes if the whole system is uncertified, in most cases it is because the tow bar doesn't fit without cutting the bumpers on the 'sport models' for example you can make a certified tow bar bit a certified chassis, ie IS250/ISF just by cutting your bumper, there will be no issues

• Like 2

It's odd one with the prices as there is a blue one which has been on auto trader since June 2017, they have lowered the price by couple of thousands but they all seem to not care that they are just sitting there.

Let's watch this space.

My view,

In a few years time I reckon you just wont be able to buy new cars like this, 5.0cc V8 monstosities with high C02 which make a nice noise.

So although they may dip a bit in the near future I can see them firming up afterwards.

I feel we are very lucky to be living at this point in time.

We have some truly great cars available for us, sporty, noisy, naughty, gas guzzling monsters that make us smile. = fun

Fast forward 10 years and I reckon new cars will be mostly electric in some way, quiet, governed speed, and power restricted unless you pay a huge tax for the privilege of owning one.

Do I feel lucky?? 

Oh yes.

• Like 4

@Tfp Absolutely Tim we’ve had the best of it and a few more years of it left so like you I believe just enjoy while we can.

I know you are fully qualified to have a view on car pricing that is bourne out by experience by way of occupation and yes the future is changing us over to a silent or enhanced artificial ‘exhaust and engine’ noise but hey ho we can’t prevent that and like you I love what I have now and there is still a fair few who are still willing to pay for our pleasures.....

Big Rat

• Like 1

On 10/11/2018 at 5:41 PM, Big Rat said:

There’s a fair few for sale at the moment both at main dealers and Auto trader, one has over 100k miles for a little over £12.5k and Lexus reading put a 13plate car on for £32k no pictures as yet.

This is the second time we’ve seen £32k in recent months.

The one for £12700 disappeared as quickly as it appeared and I understand why, perfectly specced car - black with sunroof!!. Haven't noticed the tow bar, but now it is too late anyway 😄 

me back at figuring out how I will finance BMW i8

• Like 1

Looked very tidy in and out, there were quite a bit of swirls... but hey what are we talking about "swirls" on 115k miles car. However, I noticed that thing like seats were in very good shape for age/mileage, no noticeable bolster wear indicating that it was doing more of longer motorway miles, rather then short city in and outs. Wheels and PSS tyres in perfect shape indicating that car was cared for both cosmetically and from "good driving car" perspective. Further have not see expected stone chips on the front, obviously all limited to the detail in the pictures.

For me the key was that it had sunroof, which is rather rare find on IS-F.

1 hour ago, Linas.P said:

Looked very tidy in and out, there were quite a bit of swirls... but hey what are we talking about "swirls" on 115k miles car. However, I noticed that thing like seats were in very good shape for age/mileage, no noticeable bolster wear indicating that it was doing more of longer motorway miles, rather then short city in and outs. Wheels and PSS tyres in perfect shape indicating that car was cared for both cosmetically and from "good driving car" perspective. Further have not see expected stone chips on the front, obviously all limited to the detail in the pictures.

For me the key was that it had sunroof, which is rather rare find on IS-F.

Sunroof n annual road tax of £255 is even harder to find 😉

• Like 3

I’ve kind of kept my eye on the ISF market as I’d still like one in the future.

The ones for sale always seem to be later cars with super low miles and big prices, or cars with more miles than I’d like in the 14-15k bracket. Very rarely do I see cars in the middle...which is where I’d be!

Hopefully that’ll change in the future when I’d ready to sell the Fozzy STi.

I have added added the Vauxhall VXR8 and Jag XFR to my list of potential V8’s (if they’ll fit in my single garage)!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BUG4LIFE said:

I’ve kind of kept my eye on the ISF market as I’d still like one in the future.

The ones for sale always seem to be later cars with super low miles and big prices, or cars with more miles than I’d like in the 14-15k bracket. Very rarely do I see cars in the middle...which is where I’d be!

Hopefully that’ll change in the future when I’d ready to sell the Fozzy STi.

I have added added the Vauxhall VXR8 and Jag XFR to my list of potential V8’s (if they’ll fit in my single garage)!

I saw a VXR8 the other day. Don’t want to put you off one, but age (IMHO) is not being kind to them. The ISF on the other hand - damn, ISFs still looks fresh. Quite often I’ll be in convoy with an ISF and I always admire its lines.

I’ve SO got a soft spot for ISFs ❤️

I really don't think sellers push the emphasis on warranty enough. Most on here know the cars are bullet proof, but I imagine most potential buyers don't know this. Many will have looked at the main contenders, C63 and M3 etc, read about the problems on the forums, and been put off. They may then assume the F range is the same.

I chose my ISF in June after much research here and elsewhere. I realised I could buy a very high performance car, and have a warranty until it was 12 years old!

Purchased from Lexus Coventry at 7 years old, it came with the usual 12 months warranty. At the same time I also signed up for the 2 for 1 extended warranty at £66 x 12 months. Total 3 years. My intention is to keep the car for 2 years. I can then try to sell privately with the balance of the warranty being transferrable. If I keep it, I can renew the warranty before it's 10 years old and within mileage limit, hopefully for another 2 years.

I hope my assumptions are correct. Shoot me down if not!!

• Like 3