Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

long drives, rural drives. Help with finding fuel remaining

msa969

I have to usually do long rural drives and motorway driving. I have a lexus ct200h 2014. I wish to find how much fuel i have remaining in my fuel tank how can i do this? On my steering wheel on the right side there is a button that shows me trip detail but it has no data on how much fuel is remaining. I get an orange light when it is low but this is only an indicator.

Hello Sadek,

I had a  MY13  CT, now on my second IS300h. I am sure that there is nothing to tell you about the fuel remaining on a daily basis.

However, when the Low Fuel light comes on there should be 1.5 gals  of fuel left.  I always drove for another 30miles ,  sometimes a little more, before filling up. { trial and error}

I also filled to the brim as I do now.           I think the CT has a 9.9 gal. tank.

Give it a whirl, good luck.

Best wishes.

Michael.

• Like 1

The fuel gauge is your only indicator and you will notice it says R not E at the end of its travel.This indicates you are running on reserve which as stated above is about 1.5 gallons,the distance left in miles is quite pessimistic i find,i have personally travelled another 65 miles when the display read zero.The american forum has an example of a CT owner who carried a can of petrol and managed over 100 miles on reserve.

• Like 1

Thank you to all that replied.

It has been reassuring. I did not wish to risk the 60 miles+ anecdotal experience of zippyone. It was quiet reassuring to feel comfortable to drive approximiately 15 miles to my favourite pertrol garage. I  like going to a particular chain of petrol stations.