Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Type/make of oil for top up

Just going through my service history documents 1 in total I noticed that it states Fuel Econo E/G oil. Can anyone throw any light on what make and viscosity that is?

Just heard back from Lexus 5-30 semi synthetic. Available at your Lexus dealer.

I may draw it out and put a fully synthetic in as I bought a lot of ultra high quality 5-30 for my Esprit when I had it so it’s thete doing nothing. 

The engine has been overfilled I think as it seems to be 15mm over max even when checking 2-3 minutes after running.

I seem to get a different reading every time I check the level. It seems about right 5 minutes after switching off, as the manual recommends. I've had other cars which have shown a different level on the other side of the stick! Using a rag that has previously had polish on it can also cause a different reading. Clean the dipstick with thinners or similar and try again with a clean rag or tissue.

• Like 1

I'm still getting at least a 15mm over the max mark despite a drive this morning and checking the level after 2 then 5 minutes so I'm going to drain some out. I hope this hasn't damaged the cats.

1 hour ago, B1RMA said:

I'm still getting at least a 15mm over the max mark despite a drive this morning and checking the level after 2 then 5 minutes so I'm going to drain some out. I hope this hasn't damaged the cats.

Take a photo of the level, in case you need to go back to Lexus.... 👍 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links