Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Techstream on IS300h

Hi everyone,

Need some help here. 

Does anyone used Techstream in an IS300h?

First of all, when connecting the car, model is not automatically loaded in Techstream. I have to chose 3 additional optiones: 1. IS300h model 2. year version (-1508) 3. radar cruise/others.

Then I see no options under Unit Conversion or PSD & PBD operation.

Someone has experience with this?

Thanks,

Bruno

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

I realize that this is an old topic, but I am wandering if you ever found a solution to the options and what they mean ?

I have the same menu and don't really know what the 3 options are and what they mean.

On 10/13/2018 at 7:25 PM, BrunoLeal said:

First of all, when connecting the car, model is not automatically loaded in Techstream. I have to chose 3 additional optiones: 1. IS300h model 2. year version (-1508) 3. radar cruise/others.

The option 1  probably because you have not put in setup automatic model recognition, 2 is for year production (-1508 means before august 2015 model) 3 if you have radar cruise control or not.

• Thanks 1

Great

It detects the car as an IS300h ,but I wasn't sure about the option numbers.

So for me, -1508 & without radar cruise control.

Thank you very much for the info.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2018 at 7:25 PM, BrunoLeal said:

Hi everyone,

Need some help here. 

Does anyone used Techstream in an IS300h?

Then I see no options under Unit Conversion or PSD & PBD operation.

Someone has experience with this?

Thanks,

Bruno

No problems here with Techstream version 12.20.024 on IS300h.

Techstream.JPG

Techstream 001.JPG

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Continuing my recent habit of adding to historic but still relevant posts...

So anyone having issues finding the IS300h on Techstream under Europe (or North America), the trick is to adjust the Area Selection to "Japan".  The IS300h is then available to select.

However, has anyone got a definitive answer on what the 4 Option Codes each stand for? 

Other setup items worthy of note:

1) Make sure you install and select the correct FTDI driver. This one for Win 7 onwards: https://ftdichip.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/CDM212364_Setup.zip

This one for XP: https://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM20824_Setup.exe

2) In Device manager ensure the Ports (COM & LPT) are set as COM5, otherwise adjust accordingly.

3) If using an XHorse or Clone cable, Copy C:\Program Files (x86)\XHorse Electronics\MVCI Driver for TOYOTA TIS\MVCI32.dll to C:\MVCI32.dll. Also in Techstream go to Setup | VIM Select menu and select the ”XHorse — MVCI”

MENU.JPG

japan.JPG

TECH.JPG

Thanks for pointing out, didn’t read it carefully enough first time. Given it’s a 15 plate will take a look at my V5 to work out if I need to select the first or second option category.

Europe does also work after all, if Model AVE30 is selected. Also note that in order to customise settings in an IS300h with a 1.4.1 firmware M-VCI cable, these settings are only available on older versions of Techstream, namely 10.30.029. In my case I was then able to increase the volume of the indicators. As with other members previous posts, the factory set volume is very low (especially if you like the radio loud!) and is not adjustable from the normal user menu.

And one last question. Other than increasing the indicator signal volume, has anyone found anything else useful to change? Some of the settings/descriptions are not completely clear on what they update. Thanks.

There are many settings that could result useful, as number of blinks in changing direction, light sensivity for auto switch of light,  time for lights off after closing car, and so on.

• Thanks 2

• 4 months later...

Is anyone aware if Techstream can or does run a diagnostic on the audio/navigation system (maybe as part of the health check scan)? One of my front speakers has an intermittent connection issue. Rather than spend time prying the trim off both to work out which one it is, hoping Techstream might be able to flag which one, so can focus my attention accordingly.

Many Thanks

3 hours ago, Maxz said:

Is anyone aware if Techstream can or does run a diagnostic on the audio/navigation system (maybe as part of the health check scan)? One of my front speakers has an intermittent connection issue. Rather than spend time prying the trim off both to work out which one it is, hoping Techstream might be able to flag which one, so can focus my attention accordingly.

Many Thanks

It doesn't but can't you use the balance and fader to isolate each speaker in turn?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/3/2022 at 9:16 PM, ColinBarber said:

It doesn't but can't you use the balance and fader to isolate each speaker in turn?

Good shout Colin, will check if my multimedia/nav version has those options, many Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2022 at 9:16 PM, ColinBarber said:

Interesting one, so fading left and right, didn’t isolate any issues. However, what it does seem to indirectly identify, is that it must be the centre speaker that is intermittent...

AC9AA4CC-947D-488C-BB53-F870AB5E4217.jpeg

B511A5F6-4958-4364-8C60-0C13B16944E9.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Zotto said:

It needs a proper interface connected to windows laptop (or pc) via USB.

Meh.. I don't have a laptop anymore... I'll just go buy a very long usb cable.. only needs to be 4-5m in length.