Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

CD player repair

Dan@bar

Hi all,

I kinda know what some people will answer to this question, just replace the OEM unit with an after market unit, but I do quite like the original stereo, so:

Does anyone know of an electrical repair person in the North East (of England) or nationally that could sort out my multi changer? The CD spins around for a bit then just shows the error message when I try to play a disc. I’ve loaded a few CD’s just incase it was the one position and tried a cd cleaner (one with a little brush). I think it might be a bit grubby inside as a former owner might have been a pipe smoker, so any ideas on DIY cleaning and re-oiling would be good too?!

Thanks Dan.

• 1 year later...

Hi Dan.

I assume this is in your IS200?

Your best bet unfortunately is to find one out of a scrapper on eBay but then you're obviously taking the risk that one won't work either.

Fixing them is costly as far as I can see. Back in the day Lexus sent units to a place in Bradford for repair and I tracked them down recently but that now involves them sending the unit to Germany.

I totally understand you wanting the OEM look but your options are limited I'm afraid.