Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

From destroyer to aircraft carrier

After 81000 Km. of perfect service of my my 2014 GS 300h, I passed to the dark side of the force trading it for a MY 2016 RX 450h I found exactly in trim and colors I wanted, titanium grey with ivory seats and top (President?) trim.

A new adventure with Hybrids , and my first SUV; may be I am getting old? 🙂

First impressions are very positive, even if RX soul si different from GS.

ZottoRX.thumb.jpeg.d51c554180adf9bec37f4e8b796c68df.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Difference is great, even if both are wonderful cars. I have made too few km. to tell more, but in some way I find RX more comfy, may be because of 235/55 r20 tyres vs 235/40 r19 of GS. Another difference is in traction, GS is RWD while RX is substantially a FWD with a electrical "help" on rear wheels when it needs. V6 is a wonderful engine, and being RX younger there are some DAS more ,  Adaptive LED high lights very good (on GS I had only automatic LED high beam switch), and sun and moon roof is very nice to me too.

• Thanks 1

Congratulations Luigi, I'm certain you'll enjoy your RX.

I went from two IS250s to mine and I find it like driving a comfortable armchair in comparison.  My sore back prompted my move to a taller vehicle.

Maybe I'll progress to a 4th Gen RX in the future.  Keep us informed of your progress with your new set of wheels please.

• Like 1

Without doubts GS is excellent and sportier, and seats are very good, while driving RX is like relaxing in a living room sofa,  I already found easier to enter and exit the car.

The risk from who was a GS owner is to not like the SUV mission of RX. While GS 450h is really a fast car, RX is more a family car, much more space and relaxed driving its mission (not a problem to me, as it's faster than my GS 300h). Mpg are less than GS300h , but not dramatically different for what I see, and probably  the same of GS 450h respecting speed limits ;-).

We were recently going to upgrade to the 4RX from our 2014 3RX but it would of cost us nearly £20,000 to change which we thought was to much at present.

Congrats on your RX it looks very nice.

47 minutes ago, Zotto said:

Rev counter can be set for all driving modes by menu, else is only for sport modes. As I see eco driving on HUD I decided to have counter in every mode.

Can it be done for GS or RX only?