Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Winter Wheels & TPMS

Hi all,

I'm picking up some winter wheels for my IS300h this weekend. They do not have tyre pressure sensors in them, so will the TMPS light on the dash come on every time I drive the car with these wheels or is there a way to turn it off?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Paulo_G said:

Hi all,

I'm picking up some winter wheels for my IS300h this weekend. They do not have tyre pressure sensors in them, so will the TMPS light on the dash come on every time I drive the car with these wheels or is there a way to turn it off?

Thanks

There is no easy way to switch the light off. You can put a piece of black tape to cover the light? 

Uti

The light will come on without pressure monitors in the wheels, and I doubt very much that you can turn off the light in a 2016 car. It is a legal requirement for a system to be fitted, and working from 2014 cars onward. It is also an MOT failure on your car, and could invalidate your insurance since the car would not be considered road worthy.

John.

• Like 2