Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Lexus ES 300h club forum is born

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

I have sat in one. It looks good inside and out, and feels modern. The seats are larger than in the IS. I did not get to drive it, as it was a pre-production car visiting the dealer for two days (although got to ride in the passenger seat for a hundred meters as it was driven outside by the sales guy to be loaded on to a truck for transport to Tallin for its next appearance, really managed to catch it at the last moment). It was the same with the UX visiting a few weeks ago, didn’t get to drive that one either.

They do allow the press to drive the pre-production cars, so I am not sure why they don’t allow customers to do so. I have seen previews in the Swedish press of what I believe are the exact same cars as the ones I sat in (at least they were the same colours). Maybe they are only driven on closed off tracks for press events?

They told me they would have a car for test driving in December.

I got to see one too. Was told the pre-production was just to get an idea of it and the interior quality isn't up to scratch of production vehicles. TBH I wouldn't have complained anyway as it was mostly spot on. 

Its a beautiful looking car though! 

• 4 weeks later...

2 new ES’s at Lexus Bristol’s presentation evening tonight. White ES35OH, silver ES300H, also red UX. ES and UX share most of the instruments and switches, same steering wheel as well. All left hand drive. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is the first new Lexus model since I became a Lexus owner and joined this forum. It will be interesting to see what if any issues crop up with the first 12-18 months worth of cars. Some brands I've owned or leased previously seem to treat new model owners as beta testers.

The three Lexus cars I have owned (second gen IS, CT, and third gen IS) had all been out for one to four years when I got them, so I don't have any first hand experience owning a launch year Lexus. However, the impression I have is that they are mostly sorted out, quality wise, already in their first year. The only issue I can remember now was a rattle from the dash of the second gen IS, which was the result of assembly workers using a wrong size pin. This was when Lexus was experiencing a higher than expected demand for that car, and used some kind of temp workers on the assembly line (at least that is the rumour). This might not even have been in the first year. Anyone here who knows about this?

The ES has been around since 1989, and I believe they know how to build these cars properly, even in the first year of the new generation.

Any other thoughts or experiences?

I went to Lexus Chester yesterday afternoon to see a white ES F-sport in the showroom. The car was covered but the very friendly dealer let me have a look and I was suitably impressed  inside and out.

As the car isn't officially on sale, a test drive wasn't possible but they have had quite a few orders already. The red interior trim was striking and fit and finish solid enough and I will give this serious consideration when I decide to part with my GS in 18-24 months when deals are available and/or second hand cars start to appear. Any questions, please let me know.

Abs 

Lexus Coventry have an ES in the showroom, was able to go out for a test drive in it - very nice and smooth and quiet ride  - a lot of sound deadening has been added, under the bonnet it can be seen on suspnsion towers. Usual excellent quality interior.

Loved the Head up Display (not had one before!).

Personal option is that it’s an improvement compared to the GS300h that I previously had, and that was also a very quiet relaxing car to drive

3 hours ago, Biffo said:

Lexus Coventry have an ES in the showroom, was able to go out for a test drive in it - very nice and smooth and quiet ride  - a lot of sound deadening has been added, under the bonnet it can be seen on suspnsion towers. Usual excellent quality interior.

Loved the Head up Display (not had one before!).

Personal option is that it’s an improvement compared to the GS300h that I previously had, and that was also a very quiet relaxing car to drive

So do you prefer the driving position of the ES saloon or your NX SUV?

For Ride Quality the ES but for driving position the NX - sitting higher gives a better alround view which I personally prefer. Good adjustments on both to get comfortable ES had powered seat and steering wheel positioning  for start up and when turning off which was nice

NX rides well, but not as good as the ES or GS, but less danger of damage to wheels or transmitted shocks from those bigger pot holes on the roads.

• 1 month later...