Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx400h seat & mirror memory with multiple keys

Hi all, 

I have a 2006 rx400h sel with memory seats and mirrors.  I also have two remote key transponders, though one of these is presently not working.  

Question is this:  if my spare key was working, would the car remember the seat and mirror position last used for that key?

My wife has the seat all the way forward and I have it all the way back.  So, if the car would remember the seat position last used for each key, it would potentially be helpful if we could get organised to allocate one key to each of us (if I can get the spare to work).

I've had a look through the manual, but can't find any mention of this.  

You can link your settings to one of the keys on the RX450h, but this may not have been available on yours. I don't think the functionality as you describe is available either way (car remembering key position last used for each key).

• Like 1

Thanks for clarifying; I got that. Notwithstanding, I choose to explain the functionality as available on the RX450h, which I believe Peter is after. If not available on earlier models (can you confirm this John?) then other RX450h drivers may still find this useful. Or am I ignoring a forum rule here?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Friso said:

Thanks for clarifying; I got that. Notwithstanding, I choose to explain the functionality as available on the RX450h, which I believe Peter is after. If not available on earlier models (can you confirm this John?) then other RX450h drivers may still find this useful. Or am I ignoring a forum rule here?

Yes Friso, as a very soon to be 450h owner, I find this very useful. And thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/21/2018 at 8:43 PM, Friso said:

I do not believe this was available on RX450h pre-facelift. I certainly did not have it on mine (which was a 2010 model year).