Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Height/clearance .. cause for concern?

MadJam250

Hi all. Newbie here.

Having owned 3 Lexus (Lexi? ) before I'm now about to be back behind the wheel of my first CT200h . .and can not wait!

My only concern/reservation is that I am a bit anxious that the ground clearance at the front is looking likely that the bumper/valance may scrape on vicious speed bumps or parking kerbs? It's a 2014 Advance Sport which looks similar in height to the F Sport. Can any owners testify to such scuffing/scraping or am I worrying unnecessarily? It's only after the test drive and looking at the pics, the dealer took for the ad, that had me wondering.

Many thanks!

I've never scraped mine but have been mindful when facing large speed humps how I go over them. I have been close to clipping it when parking nose into parking spaces with a kerb in front but have learned to stop a bit shorter or just reverse in (which I usually do).

There are many lower cars on the road, even the Subaru Impreza, which you would think would have reasonable ground clearance being a AWD, is actually lower than the CT.

Watch out for the bottom of the door when parking next to a kerb, especially if the road has a camber. I've found that to be more of an issue than the general ground clearance.

Very good point actually. I guess it's about being more mindful than normal. Goodness knows how low slung supercar drives 'cope' with such dilemmas 😉

I'll check the underside too for damage  before I sign on the dotted line. Very excited though. I miss not being a Lexus owner and looking forward to coming back.

• 4 weeks later...

After 2 1/2 years I have only scraped the front bumper twice,  both times underneath where you can't see. It was backing off large kerbs both times. As previously stated the doors are the issue,  caught them quite a few times. 

• 1 year later...

Hello 

I am interested in a 200h but i am also concerned  about the clearance of the front bumper and doors.

Does anyone know what is the clearance of the front bumper and the open door ?

Or maybe someone is nice enough to measure 😄

I noticed that the front bumper is straight not elevated to the front  as some cars, and i fear that i will need to change the way i park close to kerb.

Thank you for your answers.

Dan 

I only scraped my bumper once in 2 years and that was coming off the ferry in Calais. It was underneath so you couldn't see it. But as previously mentioned be careful of the door bottoms near pavements.

• 2 weeks later...