Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Potential purchase

We have a 15' plate premier with added safety pack - adaptive cruise control, blind spot monitoring, lane departure warning etc.

I haven't even lòoked at how used prices are holding up but if £23k would equal just 38% deprecation at 3 years+.

All the added toys does make/keep the car very uptodate though. 

Having owned one make sure you get a good test drive as the f sport seats are quite firm. The car is certainly all the money. At that price you would get a very nice GS of the same age. Having owned both and looking to pay that money the GS is a much better finished and comfortable car. Fuel economy on both is similar. If you want the firm ride and space age dash then they are a great car. When I purchased my 2014 f sport in October 2015 I paid around £21000 for it with around 15000 miles. Celestial black with Ml and previously owned by Geoff Hurst, so this one is pricey. I drive 500 miles a week and the is 300h gives good economy and performance. Look for my posts here for fuel consumption. 

Good hunting 

Worth bearing in mind that not all of these vehicles are in the same condition. Some are actually quite poor with lots of stone chips.

We bought our IS300h F-Sport in September 2015. It was a September 2013 registered car. Identical specification to that one bar the ML sound (which really isn't worth the premium on these). It had 10k miles on it with absolutely no blemishes at all and we paid £23k for it. 

Bear in mind that a facelift came out so it should have pushed the prices down a little. 

Just doing a bit of man maths - the vehicle you have shown is 1 year older than ours with 3k more miles and was registered at a time when discounts were around £5k off list. The ML isn't really worth anything extra either but I would expect it to be around £22k with a view to getting it sold for £21500

i've just bought an F Sport from Lexus Carlisle, ex Toyota, 65reg, ML, Leather, memory seats, 8000miles,  immaculate, £20,000 well worth the 600mile trip. Great handover experience. I looked and tested at many Lexus main dealers and the quality of their used cars varied a lot, some dealers don't even prep their cars before putting them on the forecourt.  Be prepared to walk away though until you find the right car for you.

This week we had a run down to the New Forest, Hampshire 230miles av 48mpg on Sainsbury fuel, not sure the Tesco fuel is as good and Shell did not show any advantage in either.

Thanks for all the input,

I went to have a test drive yesterday (Saturday) with a plan to haggle and not settle for anything less than a £1000 off. 

Took it a drive, signed on the dotted line at full price, 14995 and my car. 

Couldn't help myself just loved it. Picking up next Saturday, cannot wait! 

Cheers