Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Website problem?

Chris111

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same problem as me with this site. Basically the Forum homepage and the GS forum homepage have not updated since  Tuesday afternoon. However, if I open up any of the other forums they are up to date. For example the forum homepage states the most recent post as being “does the IS300h AWD exist” showing there are two replies, the second being on Tuesday morning, but when I open it there are more replies with the last being from yesterday. Similarly when I open the GS forum it shows the latest topics as being “high mileage LS600h” stating it was started 11 hours ago, when in fact it was started on Monday evening. Also the most recent post in the GS forum shows as being “Buying a GS250 – looking for tips please” and states the last reply was 1 hour ago. This has been telling me this since Tuesday.

Another problem I am encountering as well is when I try to sign in it tells me there is an error (code 2S119/1) but when I try for a second time I logon with no problem.

Like I say I go into the other forums pages and they are fine so can someone tell me what is wrong please?

13 hours ago, Comedian said:

Clear browser cache always a good start

Sent from my BV5800 using Tapatalk

Be very careful doing this. By all means clear cached files and images, but DO NOT clear everything e.g. cookies

1 hour ago, MartinLexus said:

Be very careful doing this. By all means clear cached files and images, but DO NOT clear everything e.g. cookies

Why not clear cookies? 

7 minutes ago, MartinLexus said:

I believe that’s how websites remember who you are

It's also how they track you around the internet, log what sites you've visited and build information about you. But yes, it supposed to help with your settings etc.

So yes it will need you to log in again but that's not a bad thing, once you log in a new cookie is generated. It is worth deleting cookies in case one is dodgy. There are good cookies and bad cookies. I delete almost daily.

If reluctant to delete then install another browser and try that as it won't have any cache or cookies. 

2 minutes ago, Comedian said:

It's also how they track you around the internet, log what sites you've visited and build information about you. But yes, it supposed to help with your settings etc.

So yes it will need you to log in again but that's not a bad thing, once you log in a new cookie is generated. It is worth deleting cookies in case one is dodgy. There are good cookies and bad cookies. I delete almost daily.

If reluctant to delete then install another browser and try that as it won't have any cache or cookies. 

Yes - a simplistic view

You don’t need to install another browser. Nearly all browsers have Private Browsing / Incognito / etc

5 minutes ago, MartinLexus said:

If you know what cookies to delete then fine, but don’t assume that all users have the necessary knowledge to make the right decision.

I can assure you that you can delete ALL cookies perfectly safely.  If you've stored passwords in your browser (not the best idea) it will auto populate it anyway.

For this site it only needs to know if you're logged in or not. For shopping carts it just keeps track of what's in your basket etc. 

It makes me smile when people share screen shots as one can look at the targeted adverts and see what they have been recently looking at.

15 hours ago, Comedian said:

Clear browser cache always a good start

Sent from my BV5800 using Tapatalk

Sorry I am a real technophobe and have no idea what you are advising me to do. Can you elaborate please?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Comedian said:

I can assure you that you can delete ALL cookies perfectly safely.  If you've stored passwords in your browser (not the best idea) it will auto populate it anyway.

For this site it only needs to know if you're logged in or not. For shopping carts it just keeps track of what's in your basket etc. 

It makes me smile when people share screen shots as one can look at the targeted adverts and see what they have been recently looking at.

Yeh - that is funny 😜

Mine would be really sad, fishing adverts and cars!

2 minutes ago, MartinLexus said:

What browser are you using?

I am not joking I am a real technophobe. What is a browser. I kid you not I genuinely do not know computer jargon.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links