Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How do Petrolheads keep losing money ?

3 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Appreciating faster than Gold !

Yea, but not if it belonged to me, I always loose loads whenever I sell anything!  Honestly, I can't be bothered, I'd rather just get what I can and move on to my next money loosing project!

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

Yea, but not if it belonged to me, I always loose loads whenever I sell anything!  Honestly, I can't be bothered, I'd rather just get what I can and move on to my next money loosing project!

Phil,If I didn`t know better you sound like Donald Tusk !!

• Haha 1

Ha ha , now there is a man I can associate with , Phil I am exactly the same way just cant be bothered and once its in my head to go then get rid , WeBuy .com has made a killing from my Merc 6.3 AMG and my LS ,didnt even made a profit on my 246 Dino Spider !!!! 

1 hour ago, Gilbert Fudpucker said:

Ha ha , now there is a man I can associate with , Phil I am exactly the same way just cant be bothered and once its in my head to go then get rid , WeBuy .com has made a killing from my Merc 6.3 AMG and my LS ,didnt even made a profit on my 246 Dino Spider !!!! 

I'm glad it's not just me then, so welcome to my world!

If I worked out how many thousands I’d lost on cars over the years I’d soon become very depressed!!! I’ve never kept a car for very long, every time I buy one I always say to myself “ Stop looking and keep this one for a while.” I can’t resist it though. I also lack patience, once I decide I want a car I want it now if not sooner!!! I’ve sold cars to WeBuyAnyCar against my better judgement just purely because it’s a quick and convenient way to get rid of a car even if you take the biggest loss that way.

I’m not in a Lexus at the moment, my GS450h needed a new radiator, new rear shocks and some other things were starting to need attention, there was no way I could afford it so I cut my losses and got rid, I’m in a mk3 Ford Mondeo 2.5 V6 Ghia X at the moment and it has very pleasantly surprised me with how good it is but I’ve already got my eye on a mk2 2.5 Ghia X as I prefer the 90s retro styling lol!!!

3 minutes ago, mrdoofa said:

If I worked out how many thousands I’d lost on cars over the years I’d soon become very depressed!!! I’ve never kept a car for very long, every time I buy one I always say to myself “ Stop looking and keep this one for a while.” I can’t resist it though. I also lack patience, once I decide I want a car I want it now if not sooner!!! I’ve sold cars to WeBuyAnyCar against my better judgement just purely because it’s a quick and convenient way to get rid of a car even if you take the biggest loss that way.

I’m not in a Lexus at the moment, my GS450h needed a new radiator, new rear shocks and some other things were starting to need attention, there was no way I could afford it so I cut my losses and got rid, I’m in a mk3 Ford Mondeo 2.5 V6 Ghia X at the moment and it has very pleasantly surprised me with how good it is but I’ve already got my eye on a mk2 2.5 Ghia X as I prefer the 90s retro styling lol!!!

Well you're not having my Celsior! I see your avatar is still my old LS, I reckon that means you're still attached to it!😉

I too have lost thousands on cars .. and like Martin I always say to myself i'll keep this one and tell my wife the same thing .. but then a month or so later out of the blue she will say , Your on Autotrader again !! and sure enough something new turns up on the drive but , for what its worth my recently departed LS600 was I feel , the best all round car I have ever owned , such a superb piece of engineering and lots of toys to play with ,  its just a pity my wife didn't feel the same way , she dosn't drive and feels much safer sitting up high so the RX remains our mode of transport