Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The best all round Lexus (current range)

MartinLexus

If you had to live with one Lexus from the current range, what would it be?

Your choice should be based on the vehicle that does all you want most of the time.

Probably not an easy question to answer as no one car satisfies all moods and occasions  - but a little fun nevertheless 👍

Hi Martin, it's hard to say, I have not driven all of the current Lexuses so not sure, I would love to try GS-F and RX-450h if I could afford one.

What about you?

1 hour ago, Vlady said:

Hi Martin, it's hard to say, I have not driven all of the current Lexuses so not sure, I would love to try GS-F and RX-450h if I could afford one.

What about you?

Hmmmm - I’m struggling 😁

Probably a luxury RX450h - but I do like the LC500 cars.

No - I said it had to be one - sonit would have to be an RX!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MartinLexus said:

If you had to live with one Lexus from the current range, what would it be?

Your choice should be based on the vehicle that does all you want most of the time.

Probably not an easy question to answer as no one car satisfies all moods and occasions  - but a little fun nevertheless 👍

Not driven them all,so cannot answer the question.

I love my GS HOWEVER.

• Like 2

Loved my IS250C in the summer with the roof down, but not very practical and murdered my back getting in and out.  So, the RX for me, just can't lower the roof that's all.  Ticks every other box though. ☺️

• Like 1

Have to agree about the IS250C Steve as a second car it has been great through the brilliant summer we had and its a really enjoyable car to drive plus its rare.

Have to decide what to do  though as back in August  we ordered the Mini Counntryman Phev which because of high demand is not getting delivered until January.

This is quite easy for me - as the question is which Lexus does what I need (most of the time).

I need height for easy access, so that rules out the CT, IS, GS, RC & LC.

I need 4WD to cope with my rural setting and daily commute on C-roads and lanes.

I don't need space - it's just for me - no pets, no tools, and that rules out the RX and my own NX.

Without having driven one, I think by a process of elimination my ideal Lexus will be a UX with 4WD.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I love my GS but money no object an LS500h or the LS500 they do in the states with the 3.0 twin turbo V6

I know technically an RX would have more space in it and for my line of work a car that can handle a dirt track would be perfect but...I’ve managed without an SUV for years and I just don’t like them.

As tempting as an RCF or LC would be - I really do need a car with 4 doors. The LS is the pinnacle four door Lexus. As it were I’m debating buying an LS460 as the current shape LS is and will remain out of my budget for quite some time.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

I owned GS 450h and GS 300h, and now RX 450h : wonderful cars,  and each one has a reason to be chosen.

GS 450h so fast , GS300h good mpg, RX 450h very spacious, all purpose.

My last choice is RX, even if with the worse mpg.

May be next one will be this? 

lf-1.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Another vote for the RX but It's a tough call for me.  If I didn't need so much load space then I'd plump for the GS300 but not any of the newer ones as I simply don't like them as much as the Mk3.  To my mind, that was one of the finest Lexus cars made, along with the LS430/460 models. Having owned one and driven the newer GS450h, the later model was more uncomfortable, nowhere near as compliant on the suspension (much harder sprung) and lost some of the gentleman's club aspects of design that its forebear was endowed with.   Both the older LS and GS cars always pulled off the trick of making the driver feel special every time they got into one.  Less so with some of the later GS models but that's obviously a very personal thing.  The Mk3 GS300 was reasonably economical, buttery smooth, fast, quiet, luxurious.  GS430 lovely too but a bigger cheque book needed to run one.

For my needs the RX is the best all rounder currently available.  

If living in cloud cuckoo  land where money was no object, ideally I'd have an LC500, RX450h and a Mk3 GS300 for "slumming it" in as an everyday hack!