Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX400h clock change for end of BST

16 hours ago, acer54 said:

Does the clock in my RX400h alter itself for BST ending or do I have to do it manually?

When I changed my Battery recently, the clock reset itself to 01:00 when the new one was connected.   A few minutes later I noticed that it had set itself to the correct time.😉

There may be a setting to determine manual or auto clock setting. 

• Like 1

Under the settings somewhere you can switch summer on or off. From the label not mentioning the clock it sounds like it should also change the weather...

A couple of weeks ago I remembered to change the clock on the NX sat nav to summer. You don't want to rush things...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, acer54 said:

Very helpful!

Well for goodness sake, it's not like it's mission critical is it? Literally wait and see - if it doesn't change then you have your answer haven't you?

1 hour ago, Herbie said:

Well for goodness sake, it's not like it's mission critical is it? Literally wait and see - if it doesn't change then you have your answer haven't you?

Lol

20 hours ago, Herbie said:

I'm sure we're all itching to know - did it change automatically or not?

To coin a phrase "I'm waiting & watching" and sarcasm is the lowest form of wit!

On 10/27/2018 at 9:36 PM, ColinBarber said:

I believe you have to manually toggle a setting to switch between daylight saving and normal.

Yes, that's what I had to do even though it was set to automatic, maybe if I'd left it longer it might have changed itself but it's not a big deal, thanks for your input. 

I'm wondering if you had to go in settings and change the time zone GMT to minus 1 hour. That's what I did in my 450h Sunday afternoon. 

It's the worst car in my history for changing the time. Gobsmacking considering the marque of the vehicle. 

1 hour ago, acer54 said:

To coin a phrase "I'm waiting & watching" and sarcasm is the lowest form of wit!

Not being sarcastic at all (I did put a smiley after my original reply to show that it was meant as a lighthearted comment) and I like to help people whenever I can, but I refuse to spoon-feed someone and I expect them to have done some research of their own first before asking others for help if they can't find the answer they need. Every forum I've ever been a member of works the same way.

With the greatest of respect, your 'problem' wasn't a problem at all; your question was a 'non-question' because it didn't affect the running of the car, it wasn't urgent and, most importantly, if you did just wait and see then your question would have provided its own answer.

57 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Not being sarcastic at all (I did put a smiley after my original reply to show that it was meant as a lighthearted comment) and I like to help people whenever I can, but I refuse to spoon-feed someone and I expect them to have done some research of their own first before asking others for help if they can't find the answer they need. Every forum I've ever been a member of works the same way.

With the greatest of respect, your 'problem' wasn't a problem at all; your question was a 'non-question' because it didn't affect the running of the car, it wasn't urgent and, most importantly, if you did just wait and see then your question would have provided its own answer.

Ok point taken, I guess we will just agree to disagree, if you don't want to spoon feed anybody then I suggest you  just don't make any comment at all!

3 minutes ago, Lex loafer said:

My rx450h (2018) didn’t change from bst to gmt this Sunday either. Checked clock menu and gmt gps and daylight saving are on. 

Guess im missing something here ? Any ideas. 

Same with me, I’ll get round to it when I can be arsed...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Lex loafer said:

you have to set daylight saving to off. It then adjusts one hour back. Simples. 

Exactly what I did to mine this afternoon, having worked out it wasn't going to change itself (and forgotten what I did back in the Spring when we went the other way).  It's not very intuitive though, and I am sure it'd not be too hard to design it so that it could change itself.

21 minutes ago, Ian M said:

Exactly what I did to mine this afternoon, having worked out it wasn't going to change itself (and forgotten what I did back in the Spring when we went the other way).  It's not very intuitive though, and I am sure it'd not be too hard to design it so that it could change itself.

My Merc SLK used to change itself so I ask myself "Just how hard can it be"?

• Like 1

Same with the NX. Also, when you drive over to the continent, you have to adjust the time manually. Came back from France on Saturday and had to adjust both the dashboard clock and the system/satnav clock... and do the same again on Sunday morning. Good thing is that I gain not one, but two hours sleep. Yay!

I wonder why the time change is not automated...

• Like 1

Yes that is weird.  You would have thought that all cars with sat-nav would update automatically.  What I'm really puzzled about is my wife's 05 plate Honda FRV that adjusted its own clock without any sat-nav or clever tech on-board.  Maybe it used old-fashioned RDS or something.

• Like 1

Our central heating controller auto-adjusts for summer/winter and that has no connection with any outside influences. Simply a pre-coded chip, must be a good 10yrs old now. I wonder how much longer it's been coded for?

The RC's dash mounted clock is a wonderfully simple thing. Two buttons, one for advancing, one for retarding the hands. The Nav system time is automatically adjusted, no idea what system it uses...

44 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Our central heating controller auto-adjusts for summer/winter and that has no connection with any outside influences. Simply a pre-coded chip, must be a good 10yrs old now. I wonder how much longer it's been coded for?

My central heating controller is the same, I also wondered how long it is programme for as well, you can adjust the time manually as well though.