Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Don’t have a Lexus one, but have a decent next base at half that price in my 300h and also used it in my previous 5er. You can hide the wires under the door sills and various panels to make them invisible. I plug into the 12v socket in the car but next base also have a cable to allow a full hard wire to the car’s electrics. 

2 hours ago, ahmedali44 said:

Hi gentlemen  received email from Lexus Woodford offering a fitted dash cam for £275 

Why would you pay that? Lexus don't make dash cams so you'll probably find the same make and model for sale elsewhere but cheaper. If not, there are plenty of very good dash cams much cheaper and it really is a very easy job to install it yourself. If you don't like to DIY then any auto-electrician will do it for an hour's labour charge or less.

A couple of friends at work have just had the Blackvue 900S-2C..4K fitted, one is a Lexus owner the other owns a merc , its a nice bit of kit ,but expensive, they both had it supplied and fitted at Halfords, although there quoted £30 fitting fee was doubled because its a 2 Chanel system, its the one I am going for but , call me a snob but I can't bring myself to let Halfords fit it, my local Lexus have given my a number of a company they use to fit, dash cams, trackers etc,

I've got a thinkware dashcam, nice and small, tucks away behind the mirror and well hidden from outside view.   took about 30mins to install myself, wouldn't expect to pay more then £100 for anyone else to do it.

I didn't like the look of the next base ones.. too big and in clear view (worried about someone trying to steal it)

I guess it makes sense if you don't want to fiddle around with leased car which many Lexus'es are, they will obviously warranty the works and knowing Woodford you can probably get 30% discount on all matter together with service plan.

Obviously, so owner of older Lexus it makes no sense - I got myself decent quality Full HD dashcam from amazon a while back for something like £49 and wiring kit for £12, with all fuses and Battery protection. Fitting did not took much longer then 30 min anyway.