Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Posting.
I am from Europe, more precisely from Austria.
I have a problem with Lexus, which for six months can not be solved by anyone, so let me try it here, I hope someone will help me.
I'm driving Lexus GS450H 2007.
It happens that after 20-30 km of slow driving, the car starts to lose power at the moment when I give it a gas.
at that moment, it starts to empty my hybrid Battery, and it will not fill it until I reduce the speed to some 80 km.
Then I drive it some 15-20 km at a speed of 80-90 kmh and he is supposed to cool and then everything works again as it should. Again, when I raise the speed of more than 140 km, it starts again after a few kilometers, to lose power.
I replaced the Battery because I thought it was up to her, and with the new Battery the same happens. Maybe someone knows what the problem is.
It does not make any mistakes on my computer.

Every help would come to me well.
Thanks in advance

I replaced the hybrid Battery. And this 12 volt is in good condition.
It's a little bit less English going on, I hope you understand? !
I think there is some problem when it gets hot, but I do not know what it is because it does not throw out any error.

Welcome Dragan.

I appreciate you may be avoiding Lexus main dealers to avoid cost, but it sounds like it needs a ‘Hybrid Health Check’. This would cost around €100 and should confirm your hybrid system is working.

At the moment it sounds like it is not!

Also, when driving at higher speeds is the rest of the car working properly? Does the temperature stay in the middle of the gauge? Are you losing any coolant or is the car burning oil?

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

I was on the Lexus service, they made a software update, and they told me everything was ok with a hybrid, and that they do not know what the problem is, as if it would take more hours and days to detect a breakdown, It's worth it because the car is old and it has 280,000 km.
They even told me that I do not need to do a Hybrid Health Check’ to throw money as a fool.

It sounds to me like a overheating of hybrid system going in protection mode, but it's strange that no errors appear. I  would change Lexus or make some test by myself with Techstream. May be a problem on hybrid cooling pump? There is a thread about it in forum.

I had a problem with the vvti camshaft, one of the three clocks holding the camshaft turned off during the drive and set me up for the fault for the camshaft sensor. I opened both covers to see what the problem was, and all the cables that I myself had broken out so that I could open all that. I could not replace myself, so I drove him on the trailer, but in order to climb the trailer I had to give a contact so I could control the steering wheel, I gave the contact for a few seconds, and then at that moment most of the cables were broken. I drove the car to the craftsman replaced it, and since then I have this trail. Is it possible that some of the hybrid controller computers lost some memory, or did something break up?

Regards to all.
After 6 months, it just got me out of this mistake. I hope this is the problem that I have. Does any of you know, is this a mistake that made me trouble?
Thank you all.

IMG-84776bdffede7fe9c5fd997045a77a01-V.jpg

A P0420 code could be something as simple as an O2 sensor.  Ideally you would want to have the sensors checked with the engine running using a good diagnostic tool. Have they ever been replaced? 

4 hours ago, DRAGAN said:

I never changed, the car was with me for 5 years, I transmitted it with 120,000 km, and I never changed it.

I think you're up to the age where the sensors begin to fail.  If it's causing loss of power, and if it is an O2 sensor, it's most likely to be upstream/pre cat.  I replaced one in my 2005 GS300 and I did it from the top fairly easily.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly if I were you I would just sell the car to breakers or do it yourself if you got time/skills/place.

With its current value I really don't see how it make any sense to invest so much in parts and labour to try to sort it out. Unless it got some big sentimental value.

You can't argue with love 🙂

It must be some secret police operation to place a device in your car to stop you driving quicker than 140kmh....

My guess is transmission. It can overheat, it is connected with HV Battery and is very speed dependant. When was the last time you have changed the gearbox oil ? 

What was the state of the oil ? I'm not sure but is there any filter inside like in ZF ? Have you used genuine oil ?

Ok so that good. But do you know when it was changed before ? When you were draining it in what condition was oil, how long it was there ?

Whole process is also not very simple as it require few extra steps with diagnostic tool - it is not just drain and refill the same amount. 

As you have changed HV Battery I don't thing issue will be there. My bet is something wrong with transmission hybrid components or ECU. 

When I had a problem with all camshafts, the master put me in the wrong way from the Toyota Sienna, which looked the same, but it was wrong, I miss fire  error, I drove some 4000 km until I got the original part. And since then I have a problem of losing power. I do not know if that could have ruined anything? !