Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rattle finally traced plus paint defect

Dealer finally found a tinkling noise that's been driving me mad as it was constant.  Turns out it the overhead light assembly as pressing on the surround killed the noise.  Solution:  ordered a replacement unit and hopefully fitted in a few days.

Whilst thoroughly washing (and drying) the car last weekend I found a small dot on the nearside C pillar.  I tried removing it to no avail so pointed it out to the dealer whilst talking about the tinkling noise.    Dealer and me both flummoxed as you cannot feel anything when running a finger over the spot.  Popped into the dealer bodyshop who said it's something under the lacquer and it'll need repainting!  There's no way the manufacturer (takumi artists) would have missed something at the manufacturing stage so what could it be?  It looks like a tiny stone chip but there's no break in the lacquer.

p.s. I've had to log onto this site on my Mac as I cannot connect now via iOS???

• 1 month later...

Well after 4 weeks I’ve finally got my NX back!  Whilst waiting for the warranty to be approved (formality as there was a defect in the paint) some tw@t in a large vehicle clouted my car whilst safely parked up by the office.  The OSF wing was history (high up impact) plus gouges on the front bumper.  Impact also broke the bracket holding the headlight unit in.  Thankfully Lexus body shop took car in a couple of days later and warranty work approved too at the same time.  The delay?  The near side rear quarter light broke whilst removing it to do the warranty work.  That was a 3 week back order.  The only bonus was the car was sat in the warm body shop (covered over) after being painted so lots of time to harden up.  

NX now back home and looks perfect.  (fingers crossed).

• Like 1

Oh how I’ve missed the NX and those wonderful headlights and cornering lights and the tech.  I had a new Yaris Icon to begin with (body shop only has Yaris’ as it’s a body shop owned by the Toyota / Lexus group in my part of the country). Yaris was awful, horrid clutch and woeful lights plus it never warmed up.  After 2 weeks of Yaris ownership the shop got me a new CT for the final 2 weeks. Just the basic CT but NVH has improved a lot with the facelight over the original I had many years ago.  As quiet as the NX too even under full throttle load.  Great non-leather seats (a bit like alcantara), warmed up very nicely but still woeful headlights.  It had AHB and land departure, etc. but I would have preferred LED lights over AHB halogens.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links