Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone ...the radio power switch on my 2008 GS300 has stopped working. I can still use the knob to cotrol volume, but it will not turn off/on. The other buttons on the unit .. Disc/Aux/ FM/AM/Load/Eject etc have also ceased to work.

However, I can still change audio input using the Mode button on the steering wheel. 

It was suggested on the US site ClubLexus, that disconnecting the Battery for 30mins to let the system re-set itself may work, but I’m unsure what else disconnecting the battery will affect .... satnav/ECU/seat settings etc ... or something more important!  Will this require a visit to local Lexus to put right?

Has anyone else had the problem with the radio button?  Suggestions / advice anyone?

Thanks in advance ....

Thanks for the information. The radio power button stopped working a couple of weeks ago. As of yesterday, I hadn’t had the opportunity to try disconnecting the battery but, driving last night with the radio was playing as normal, there was a bleep and the CD-discs started to eject (6-disc system) .... all the buttons now work!!!

I can only suspect the fault was something to do with a problem with the discs ... or maybe not? Anyway, everything seems to be working again as normal ....

Thanks for all the advice ...