Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New GS F owner

Four months into GS F ownership I finally got around to taking some pictures. So here it is, early car with fixed dampers, sonic titanium with red leather, Mark Levinson but no sunroof -perfect spec for me.

The plate doesn't really suit but came off my V10 Phaeton which the F replaced. Plan is to keep it forever -one of the reasons I chose it over an M5 or AMG.

I love the sense of occasion you get when driving, and the Jekyll and Hyde character. And, of course, the noise! I feel very fortunate to own three of the best sounding cars ever -the GS F, an S54 BMW Z3 M Coupe and a Gordon-Keeble.

Hi to everyone on the forum!

Mike

PA284164.thumb.JPG.e7f1e0f583bb85decf88487a0b0f72fb.JPG

PA284167.thumb.JPG.5c4d6c0e6216a81225f57bf8d2687a2d.JPG

• Like 12

Hello and welcome Mike, we have contacted each other in the past through the Pistonheads forum as fellow Phaeton V10 owners, and both seem to have landed up with an F series Lexus.

Like you I love the Jekyll and Hyde characteristics of the car, one of the many youtube clips I watched where Tiff Nedell stated the more you drive the car the more it grows on you is absolutely spot on.

I think the servicing costs are also a very pleasant surprise, despite the fuel consumption.

• Like 2

Hi and welcome, that sounds like a great set of cars. I almost owned a gordon keeble at one time but ended up with a couple of scimitars instead, so I can definitely see the attraction. What motor is in the GK?

Welcome to the club @V10Mike i believe yours was one i was planning on looking at before i got mine but was bought the day i called in for a viewing 😄 Really nice colour outside and inside 👍 hope to see more of it in the future.

Hi there, car looks great and I'm loving the colour of the seats.

I chose an E36 M3 Evo over the breadvan at the time, but often wish I had just gotten use to the smaller cabin. They do sound awesome however.

gordon keeble - I had to Google it as never heard this one before! 

Welcome to LOC, your Lexus looks great, when I win a lottery I will get one of these myself! :)

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome!

To answer a couple of questions above;

Gordon-Keebles came as standard with the 327 Chevy small block (5.4 litres) out of the Corvette, but mine is fitted with a 383 chevy stroker (6.3litre) with Edelbrock aluminium heads, a roller cam and other go-faster goodies. It has 425 bhp and 495 ftlbs of torque, which in a 1300 kg car makes for reasonably sprightly performance!

I loved my V10 Phaeton, so much so that I kept it for 12 years and 140,000 miles. It was the long wheelbase four-seater version with all the options, supremely comfortable and a great drive. It was only the fear of declining reliability and big bills with increasing age that LED me to part with it. However, the joys of GS F ownership are helping me get over the loss!

Mike

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome Mike, 

Sounds like you’re a true car guy, so should enjoy the GSF and what it represents.

I’m guessing you’ll not be searching to add extra ponies to bring this up to a similar spec to your Gordon-Keeble, but maybe a few bits can be done once the warranty is up. 

I’m a big fan of mods, and have enjoyed the success so far modding my ISF. It’s still the only supercharged example I believe in the U.K. and possibly Europe, so that only adds to the sense of occasion when I get to drive it.

Cheers for now,

Pete 😎👍

• Like 1

My eye caught the words "Gordon-Keeble" in the recent posts column on the home page, and I just had to come here! A beautiful car, one of those fondly remembered exotics from my childhood. 

A warm welcome to the forum, Mike.