Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

new rear offside UCA to source

Guys, your help here please 

The Lexus OEM part seems to be £283 and only available from Lexus 

Rock Auto in the USA don't seem to hold them and Lexus Birmingham eBay store doesn't have them either it seems

Your good ideas please for a new replacement part would be welcome

Thank you

Malc

At that price they are a bargain. 

Mildly peeved that I bought both rears from Amayana - 48770-50010 and they cost me £477.06 + £95.48 import tax.

Wondering why price so low or are is it because your car is 95 and not 93?

I've yet to fit them as not an advisory, but looks like parts are getting scarcer and I guess will be saleable if the Car fails totally for whatever reason.

Guys, my indy has confirmed the item ok, ...............thank you Shirish :biggrin:

It's now ordered on line at £103.50 PLUS carriage at £51.20 for delivery by 10th / 11th November  ( from Japan and not the UAE option )

The cheaper snail mail carriage at £20+ is estimated at about 60 days delivery

Total cost will be the £154.70 above PLUS Customs Duty and if there's a post office fee that I recall reading about before on here

Reckon total cost might be about £190 and some £100 less than the Lexus supplied part from my local dealer

I'll keep you informed

Thanks once again guys

Malc

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok guys an update

As you know i ordered the part on 1st November on line and all seemed ok

It was posted on 8th. November .............  that took a week at the supplier  😢

Parcel delivered to the UK at Parcelforce Coventry on 11th November when ( same day )  it was presented to Customs for clearance etc

It changed Tracking Number too, from Jap to UK Parcelforce Number .  that's all ok, it automatically changed number

then tracking it through and calling Parcelforce just now, it's cleared Customs and I will hear from my local delivery office where it could be tomorrow morning 15th. November

( 24 to 48 hrs from Customs clearance on the 12th. they say !  )

The Customs fees at 20% ?? well, say £30.27   PLUS Parcelforce handling fee of £12  total £42.27

So total cost seems to be  ( when i get it in a few days time )

Cost of UCA   £103.50

Jap delivery    £51.20

Customs and Parcelforce £ 42.27

Total  £ 196.97    an uplift of  90% on the part price

but I still have to pay the £42.27 fees at the UK end and get delivery of the UCA  ( fingers xd within a day or two now )

Malc

good eh !  I was told UK supplied OEM Lexus part was £283 ( incl vat I guess )   so a saving of a likely £ 86  or  30%

all arrived today via Parcelforce  ............ and photos to my indy indicates it's the correct part  ( thank heavens ) and it's booked in for Monday 26th Nov. along with the front Drop Links to be replaced

need to be a Samurai warrior to undo the very very secure packaging :yahoo:

no change in the costs above .,,,,,,,,,,,  just his labour to cover .....  and the Drop Link costs   at £32 each aftermarket                OR Lexus supplied at £156 each  :Jumpy: ( no guesses as to which I'm having ! )

Malc

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

well well well  ........  what a turn-up eh !

the new rear o/s UCA seems absolutely fine but a pitta of a job .......  now done and the front drop links in throes 

BUT

the  n/s FRONT UCA replaced with a Blueprint part some 3.5 years ago and 40k miles is a cause for concern ...  it's causing undue premature tyre wear and needs replacing asap

My indy is unhappy at the poor longevity of this Blueprint part :Jumpy: ............  he's dynamically researching a replacement from the Amayama and Rockauto and Lexus Birmingham sites

I'll let you know how we get on with this ...... amazing that the front o/s UCA is still original and seems absolutely fine and now on 215k miles and 23 years young :yahoo:

Front pads and discs too are getting very low and he thinks time for replacing too

It's only money and after 7.5 years ownership and nigh on 100k miles I'm far from complaining

Malc

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Malc said:

the new rear o/s UCA seems absolutely fine but a pitta of a job

When my rear o/s UCA was replaced so many corroded bits and bobs, ended up with car in garage for a week.

So a pitta (and a wallet emptier - as i recall)

All done, new front pads and discs, new front drop links too ( one of them he had to remake as only the one sided now available ( he cut and weld )  and I've lost that 'k' lunk sound from the front :wink:

Total bill £465 so I gave him £500 ( incl brakes cost etc )

fitting the new rear o/s UCA wasn't as troublesome as the n/s a couple of years back .............  but still a pitta of a job

Now ordering ( or trying to ) the new Front UCAs ..  both sides, from Amayama .  about £500 all-up with Customs etc

Malc

so so pleased to be back in her, the Honda Legend really isn't my idea of a brilliant car compared to my Ls400 :rolleyes:

new front UCAs ordered from Amayama just now at £ 358.66 incl carriage and delivery scheduled for 8th December but probably be about 2 weeks incl Customs clearance

I'm expecting the total cost to be ................. parts cost £358.66 plus Customs at 20% plus Parcelforce @ 2 x £12 fees

There wasn't an option i could find for having the parts delivered as a single package saving some costs

I'll keep you updated on progress

....................from past experience fitting isn't too challenging and as mentioned the already replaced single Blueprint front UCA hasn't worked out with any longevity at all sadly :whistling1:

The new rear UCA had Toyota impressed in the steel work so we know that's a genuine part 

Malc

• 2 weeks later...

just checking my service history back and these are replacement rear UCAs for replaced one's at 110k miles by ACLex the prior owner.:Jumpy:

so they didn't last too well I guess, either the originals or his replacements which i would think must have been Lexus supplied parts

I replaced the n/s rear UCA at 174k miles in 2015 at just 5 years and 64k miles old with a Lexus OEM  part

This second one, the rear o/s UCA now changed at 215k miles ........... and 105k miles and some 8 years on

The front replacement UCAs are a bit of an on-going shipping issue from Amayama, now scheduled to get into UK Customs for clearance on 16th December ... must be getting clogged up in the Xmas rush :whistling1: ..............  it's so frustrating being ordered 28th. November

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links