Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dav...... You’d better sit down!

How’s it going everyone?

First post for a while since the little man arrived 😀 back on the 28th September. All is going well and he’s safely back home now and coming along nicely. I’m enjoying some PAT leave and inbetween bottles of milk and bouts of screaming (mainly from baby Corey, sometimes from me!) I’ve had time to let my mind run away with me and have collected my next ISF upgrade from the local powder coaters today.

I've been looking at wheel upgrades since I’ve had the car but nothing really set my pulse racing. I was looking through some old photos last week and found some pics of my R32 Golf (MkV) that I had fitted with Porsche alloys. I properly loved the look and the fact that it was a relatively (at the time) rare set up. That set me thinking as to what other prestige brand wheels would fit the ISF and after a little research I found what I think will be an ace set up.

I picked up the wheels on Saturday, dropped them off at the powder coaters the same day and picked them up today. I’ll be getting the tyres switched and the wheels fitted in the next week or so and I’ll add some more pics then.

So, take a seat Dav! I’m not sure these will meet with your approval and the shock may take it’s toll on your delicate and brand focussed disposition! Here is is a little peek at my next wheels and yes, I intend to use the original centres! Controversial!!

88E208DC-B8D8-48C6-A8AB-D83A9BA52283.thumb.jpeg.82d4aadaebb0a33ad864aefbe0ce5994.jpeg

These are Aston Martin V8 Vantage alloys, 19 x 8.5 front, 19 x 9.5 rears. They will fit the same as my OEMs with the 15mm H&R track spacers I’m currently using, the same flush outboard fitment but with an extra 0.5 inch of inboard fitment which is fine given the OEM wheels without spacers used to sit 15mm further into the wheel wells.

These have been media blasted to bare metal then powder coated in BMW Metallic Orbit Grey. The centre caps are brand new genuine units. Who knew centre caps could cost that much!

Hatemail to the usual address please!! 😀🤓😝

Enjoy!!

• Like 6

they look great , cant wait to see them fitted on the ISF

My neighbour who lives opposite has an Aston Martin V8 Vantage, now iv'e seen this post he may wake one day to find his Aston sat on bricks 🙂 

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Bluethunder said:

Dan, is the Aston wheel forged? Would be interesting to compare the weight difference to ISF wheel..

Having had both wheels in my hands without tyres I’m not sure these are dramatically lighter but they are no heavier!

6 hours ago, IIVORC said:

they look great , cant wait to see them fitted on the ISF

My neighbour who lives opposite has an Aston Martin V8 Vantage, now iv'e seen this post he may wake one day to find his Aston sat on bricks 🙂 

Do it! Although the stock colours are a little dull!

Fitted the wheels today but it’s not stopped raining since I fitted them to take any decent pics. Here’s a quick glimpse below! Excuse the oxidising on the brake rotor, I’d just washed the car and the rain came!!

The vote is out at the minute, might end up being my winter wheels! I have to admit that the OEM wheels take some beating!!

A8C64EE5-8468-4189-9EBE-B99E979B2C0E.thumb.jpeg.0605a2fdedaa8370e868727ca1c18ba3.jpeg

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Arqum said:

Would these fit the standard car setup? Or you deffo need the spacers? 

You need spacers. If you didn’t have them they’d sit too far inboard and foul the suspension strut. The 15mm spacers gives them enough clearance inboard and the same amount of poke as the stock wheels with the same spacers.

they are 12.5mm wider front and rear than the stock wheels but have  the same amount more offset so the 15mm spacers corrects it perfectly 😋

55 minutes ago, Arqum said:

But arch rolling is needed to make sure all is OK right? 

Already had my rear arches rolled when I put the spacers on with the OEM wheels  so no issues with these wheels at all. You don’t need to but I did to be safe as I often carry 3 passengers.

You get 1mm less ‘poke’ on the rears and 2mm more ‘poke’ than the OEMs (+15mm spacers) on the fronts but the tyres are stretched ever so slightly more so the overall profile is very very very slightly reduced. The vent in the front of the front drivers side wheel liner can catchvery slightly on full lock (but only when reversing) but I just heated mine up with a heat gun and pushed it back slightly, no issues at all now.

It’s a really simple upgrade. I had RTec in St Albans fit longer captive bolts to accommodate the spacers. The OEM wheels and these are interchangeable now, you just use the original nuts and lockers. Simple!

1 hour ago, Defratos said:

Sweet, those came out real nice.

Love how clean they look. Now you just need painted calipers to make things pop 👍

You read my mind. Would love a set of RCF/GSF sparkly orange calipers on there!