Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX400h MOT and Service.

RX400h had it's MOT and 125,000 mile service done earlier in the week, all it needed to pass was front brake pads, handbrake adjusting and 3 bulbs renewing, no advisories either so well chuffed!

Service consisted of oil & filter, air filter and pollen filter.

Already for the Winter but I'm hoping I don't need it as a "Snow Weapon" lol

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2018 at 1:35 PM, acer54 said:

RX400h had it's MOT and 125,000 mile service done earlier in the week, all it needed to pass was front brake pads, handbrake adjusting.....

Didn't know any RX400Hs had a handbrake.  😄

Before I bought my rx400h, I went to look at another one and the salesman took 5 minutes to find the parking brake (I'd never driven one so didn't know where it was).  

My rx400h had it's mot today and I think the bill is going to break mybpersonal record (high)😣.

It needs rear discs and pads,  front wheel bearing which (I knew about) and both front lower suspension arms.  😭

10 hours ago, welland said:

Didn't know any RX400Hs had a handbrake.  😄

Before I bought my rx400h, I went to look at another one and the salesman took 5 minutes to find the parking brake (I'd never driven one so didn't know where it was).  

My rx400h had it's mot today and I think the bill is going to break mybpersonal record (high)😣.

It needs rear discs and pads,  front wheel bearing which (I knew about) and both front lower suspension arms.  😭

Ouch! - Lower suspension arms are £200 each plus labour for fitting, I think you are right it's going to be quite costly.

How many miles has it done?

11 hours ago, acer54 said:

Ouch! - Lower suspension arms are £200 each plus labour for fitting, I think you are right it's going to be quite costly.

How many miles has it done?

yes, you are right - £210 each my mechanic said.  One is now fitted, but the other is still stuck with seized bolts.  It is soaking a bit more.  And more bad news today - it now needs a brake caliper as one of the slide pins has sheared.  

It has 108k on the clock.  

8 hours ago, welland said:

yes, you are right - £210 each my mechanic said.  One is now fitted, but the other is still stuck with seized bolts.  It is soaking a bit more.  And more bad news today - it now needs a brake caliper as one of the slide pins has sheared.  

Lower suspension arm ??? I recently picked up a rx400 and checked back through the mot history.and the 2 advisorys on the last mot where

near side and offside front lower suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement 

am I looking at the same sort of bill on my next mot 

11 hours ago, welland said:

The cambelt and water pump should have been done at 100,000 miles, has this been done? Plugs will be due again at 120,000 miles as well, rear bank is a right sod to get at.

The brake calipers can be problematic but usually they just seize but can be freed up, I have mine checked and lubed at every service.

2 hours ago, pedrofromredro said:

Lower suspension arm ??? I recently picked up a rx400 and checked back through the mot history.and the 2 advisorys on the last mot where

near side and offside front lower suspension arm pin or bush worn but not resulting in excessive movement 

am I looking at the same sort of bill on my next mot 

Mine was the same on its MOT from 2017 but were pretty much the same this MOT, (only done 4,500 miles)  I'm expecting to have to change them for the next MOT.

Did mine myself earlier this year, I got them from e-bay item no 122640742503 £150 Not a job I'd recommend going to Lexus for as the workshop manuals first instruction is "Remove the Engine and gearbox". It's not an easy job for a diyer as there is a sod of a long bolt to get out on the drivers side engine mount, but it is possible.

11 hours ago, acer54 said:

Mine was the same on its MOT from 2017 but were pretty much the same this MOT, (only done 4,500 miles)  I'm expecting to have to change them for the next MOT.

So can just the bushes be replaced or has the whole arm got to be changed.as looking at the prices that’s being quoted on here.think I will sell the car before replacing them 😂😂😂😅😅