Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300H - Heated seats setting

Hi all, 

Does anyone have this "problem"? 

Basically if I don't turn off the seat heating when I turn on the car next time the heating starts on maximum (level 3), even if I turn the car off with heating on level 1.

It's quite annoying as I don't enjoy maximum level and so this always catches me on surprise when I feel the heat. 

Thanks, 

Bruno 

1 hour ago, BrunoLeal said:

Hi all, 

Does anyone have this "problem"? 

Basically if I don't turn off the seat heating when I turn on the car next time the heating starts on maximum (level 3), even if I turn the car off with heating on level 1.

It's quite annoying as I don't enjoy maximum level and so this always catches me on surprise when I feel the heat. 

Thanks, 

Bruno 

First world problem!

• Haha 3

bruno your lucky if your seat heaters are really good, i have had 2 IS300h's and neither of

them had good seat heaters the CT i had could cook you they where so hot.

i know this isn't in your original post but if the heaters go to the next lower heat setting  too

quickly for you if you press and hold both heating buttons at the same time you will hear a beep

confirming the timer has been turned off the heater will then stay on the setting you have

set the seat at.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BrunoLeal said:

I think this is quite logical..

If it's cold enough needing the seat heaters and you haven't switched them off (still requiring warmth) then by the time (on average) you switch the car back on the cabin will have cooled significantly, so the heaters come on high to ramp down either manually or timed (depending on configuration)

We went out today and I checked our IS300h. With the seat heaters set on Level One, they stay at that level after a restart. The HRW/Heated mirrors do switch themselves off however.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 200h said:

bruno your lucky if your seat heaters are really good, i have had 2 IS300h's and neither of

i know this isn't in your original post but if the heaters go to the next lower heat setting  too

quickly for you if you press and hold both heating buttons at the same time you will hear a beep

confirming the timer has been turned off the heater will then stay on the setting you have

set the seat at.

That's exactly my problem...the maximum level is insanely hot...

5 hours ago, NemesisUK said:

I think this is quite logical..

If it's cold enough needing the seat heaters and you haven't switched them off (still requiring warmth) then by the time (on average) you switch the car back on the cabin will have cooled significantly, so the heaters come on high to ramp down either manually or timed (depending on configuration)

If I leave it on level 1 is not logical to go back to level 3 when I start the car again...my old beemer would just keep the setting as it should...

3 hours ago, malcolmw said:

We went out today and I checked our IS300h. With the seat heaters set on Level One, they stay at that level after a restart. The HRW/Heated mirrors do switch themselves off however.

From which year is your car? I'm starting to be quite disappointed with Lexus as I see a lot of bugs like this corrected in following years without updating the previous versions...

6 hours ago, 200h said:

set the seat at.

I'll try that of the timer next time I'm in the car...I believe mine is without the timer now anyway as it doesn't go off after 30 min driving...

14 minutes ago, BrunoLeal said:

I'll try that of the timer next time I'm in the car...I believe mine is without the timer now anyway as it doesn't go off after 30 min driving...

They don't go completely off when on the timer - just go down from max to mid to low.

Just now, wharfhouse said:

They don't go completely off when on the timer - just go down from max to mid to low.

Thanks for the info...didn't know that and as I always put them on low level from start I woudn't know if they have the timer on or off then...I'll try that next time! Thanks for the tip!

12 hours ago, BrunoLeal said:

From which year is your car? I'm starting to be quite disappointed with Lexus as I see a lot of bugs like this corrected in following years without updating the previous versions...

April 2016

On 11/1/2018 at 8:56 PM, BrunoLeal said:

if I don't turn off the seat heating when I turn on the car next time the heating starts on maximum (level 3), even if I turn the car off with heating on level 1.

I suspect this is because your seats are on the timed setting. I've just done a test in my car. If I reduce the heating to level 1, turn off the car, then restart the car, the seat heating level goes back to level 3. This is because I've got the seats on the timed setting (which is probably the default if you don't change it.) The timed setting starts at level 3 whenever you restart the car and gradually reduces to level 1.

As a test of your problem, I turned off the timed setting. To do this, as mentioned above, you hold down both heated seat buttons until you hear a beep. The seat heaters are now set to manual.

I then set the seat to level 1 and turned off the car. When I restarted the car, the heated seat started at level 1 where I had set it when the car was running previously.

So I expect that the car will now always start on level 1 until I change it. (I only tried it once.)

I'll probably change it back to timed as I'm quite happy with that. But for anyone who, like you, finds it too hot initially, the setting can be changed to manual and then the seats will just stay on the setting you chose, each time you start the car.

Does this work the same on your car?

• Like 2

My RC seat heaters are definitely warmer than those I had in my Mercs but no where near as warm as the aftermarket heaters I had installed to the rear seats in the C class. Those really heated up quickly.

My friend's Volvo seat heaters are like being breathed upon by an asthmatic mouse, terrible! 

No, the Lexus heaters are fine and I like the timed reduction in level.

Do the seats in the RX/LC have true 'climate' control, both heating and cooling according to cabin temperature?

Not in my wife's 450h (2012). It's s basic rotary switch. A lot hotter than in my is though (mine is low spec though, manual seat adjustment), maybe a difference between models?

23 minutes ago, darrude said:

Is no one shocked he finds level 3 hot. In mine level 3 is like every other cars level 1?

i agree with you darrude , you'd be better off with a hot water bottle on your back

certainly get warmer quicker

29 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Do the seats in the RX/LC have true 'climate' control, both heating and cooling according to cabin temperature?

The Climate Concierge on my LC does exactly this. You can set the sensitivity separately for driver/passenger. In addition, it controls the steering wheel heating.

• Thanks 1

I find the heated seats hot on level 3 and I reduce them manually to level 1 after 3 or 4 minutes. As someone mentioned, a first world problem 😂 but it beats sitting on ice cold leather seats in winter.

I like the idea of the timed v manual settings so I will set them at level 1 from now on.