Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Its that time again.... relentless rain..... I have an annoying smear right in my line of sight. I bought new Bosch aero wipers today and fitted... still the same aaaargghhhh!!

Its got to be something on the screen. I have cleaned with normal car wash shampoo, also screen wipes (wet wipes), and now wiped it down with petrol..... still there? If you can see the attachment there is a bit that looks different right in front of the steering wheel. Looks like the rest of the screen is waxed? Not by me.... I bought the car from Lexus about 2 months ago so I don't know if they have treated the screen with anything. Any ideas?

IMG_1529.JPG

44 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Try claying the screen?

You could try Bar Keeper's , recommended on Detailing World forum..

attachment.php?s=6b7ab3a4ade8cf188a0d189

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=199453

I see they do a cream or powder, any idea which is best?  I've also got a smeared windscreen problem so I'd like to try this.

Just back from Sainsbury's.. didnt have the Bar Keepers Friend so  bought their own make "window spray with vinegar", less than £1 

see attached, only cleaned the drivers side .... then sprayed with the hose

Will do the rest when the rain goes off, including the rear screen. It beads up as well so not great to see through

IMG_1533.JPG

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

I see they do a cream or powder, any idea which is best?  I've also got a smeared windscreen problem so I'd like to try this.

Both are the same its just that the powder has to be made into a cream so you have to mix with water. TBH I would just get the cream. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links