Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2017 RX450h - Towbar

Hello,

I am trying to sort out the towing electrics on my RX and have purchased an American wiring kit that installs a module in the boot using an existing vehicle connector. The instructions show that there should also be an existing connector just inside the rear bumper on the passenger side. Loads of US pictures show this connector in place, but I cannot find it on my UK car. Can anyone advise on whether this connector should be present on my car?

Many thanks,

David

Forgive me, but why did you go for an American kit for a UK car?

I'm sure Lexus do a tow kit , then you don't have to worry about different connections!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, DJBCatlett said:

Hello,

I am trying to sort out the towing electrics on my RX and have purchased an American wiring kit that installs a module in the boot using an existing vehicle connector. The instructions show that there should also be an existing connector just inside the rear bumper on the passenger side. Loads of US pictures show this connector in place, but I cannot find it on my UK car. Can anyone advise on whether this connector should be present on my car?

Many thanks,

David

Firstly are you 100% sure its for the 450h and not for the 350?

Could it be that the connector is just on the opposite side of the car, due to left and right hand drive? Obvious I know, but some times its the easy answers that are missed.

• 2 weeks later...