Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

18" areo alloy wheel

Afternoon all 

I may or may not have hit a curb the other week and buckled one of my alloys. Gutted. 

Does anyone have one of the 18" wheels for sale. Its the sport aero pack style (pic attached). Not too fussed about aesthetic condition as it will be the spare in the boot. 

Cheers all, any help greatly appreciated. not having much like on the likes of eBay etc.

Neil 

s-l1600.jpg

Sorry I cannot help with a spare wheel. However the damage to the paintwork on you wheel does not seem enough to have buckled it. Are you sure it is not the tyre that is damaged?
There are companies that will remove the buckle from alloy wheels, and that could be an alternative route.

John.

• Like 1

Same here,had as many as 4 spares when I had my IS200 sport.The aeros as they are called are prone to buckling,although I only had one buckle on me,keep your eye on the bay they do pop up from time to time and if you are lucky someone on here might have one(they are getting pretty rare though and expensive too)

16 hours ago, Britprius said:

Sorry I cannot help with a spare wheel. However the damage to the paintwork on you wheel does not seem enough to have buckled it. Are you sure it is not the tyre that is damaged?
There are companies that will remove the buckle from alloy wheels, and that could be an alternative route.

John.

Morning John 

Ah, the pic was just to confirm the style of wheel...I took it down to a local place and they put in on the spindle thing and laughed! 

Not sure if that Vid will work.

Cheers though fella. 

13 hours ago, scudney said:

Same here,had as many as 4 spares when I had my IS200 sport.The aeros as they are called are prone to buckling,although I only had one buckle on me,keep your eye on the bay they do pop up from time to time and if you are lucky someone on here might have one(they are getting pretty rare though and expensive too)

Yeah they do seem pretty rare now, will check that item out cheers for the link.

Stupid question, but for a spare, if I picked up one of the original style 17" sport wheels would that work, as in the different tyre on the 17" would mean it was level all round? 

i love my sport areo. She's getting on a bit now though and things are starting to fall off 😐 (not including me hitting the curb of course!)  

2 hours ago, Nellyp1 said:

Perfect! I swear ebay did not have a single one when I was checking at the weekend. 

Thank you mate. 

Happy you have now got things sorted. Your idea of using a 17 inch wheel with a higher aspect ratio tyre in practice is feasible, but would be against the law. and invalidate your insurance.

Although you can use a "skiny" spare wheel of a different size to OEM wheels. To comply with the law the wheel must be labeled as a temporary fitment, and clearly marked with a maximum safe speed that is from memory 50 mph. The car will not pass an MOT with the "skiny" spare fitted or with wheels of different sizes on the same axle.

John.

1 minute ago, Britprius said:

Happy you have now got things sorted. Your idea of using a 17 inch wheel with a higher aspect ratio tyre in practice is feasible, but would be against the law. and invalidate your insurance.

Although you can use a "skiny" spare wheel of a different size to OEM wheels to comply with the law the wheel must be labeled as a temporary fitment, and clearly marked with a maximum safe speed that is from memory 50 mph.

John.

That's good to know, cheers John.