Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Battery Maintainer

Poundy

With Winter coming and the CT200h being an occasional use car I am noticing Battery condition depleting over time. I have a MXS5.0 C-Tek Battery maintainer and am thinking of running a C-Tek comfort lead from the Battery into the boot so I can get an instant visual on condition and plug it in if required, It would save pulling the panels out if a charge is needed.

So my question is does the negative charger lead need to be earthed separately and not on the Battery terminal. In the handbook it says if charging in situ to remove the neg cable completely from the Battery but this I presume is for less smart chargers and would be counter productive if fitting a comfort lead for the C-Tek.

On the Jag I have a lead to live and the neg to the body earth, this is necessary because there is a Battery monitoring system actually fitted in the neg lead that needs to be bypassed.

If anyones rigged a permanent lead for a Battery maintainer to a CT200h, I would appreciate any advice Thanks

• 1 year later...

I have today.New Yuasa 12V Aux Battery fitted by me. My 2015 Lexus CT200h  Aux battery was flakey, I needed a jump start from a friend. Just enough to boot the computers to start the car. The aux Battery is charged from the Hybrid Battery via a DC to DC buck converter ie 210V DC to approx 14.5V DC to charge the aux Battery. I added a direct connection to my new Aux Battery, to be able to charge in car downtime, using NOCO Genious 2 charger. A NOCO spade connector adaptor connected directly to my new aux Battery. I can now easily connect my NOCO Genius 2 charger directly to the aux Battery. I find owning a car without an alternator and starter motor a new experience. I have now read up on hybrid cars and how they work. Very interesting.

• Like 2

Hi both, think there is some confusion here. It is perfectly permissable to charge the Aux Battery in-situ via the connections under the bonnet as per instructions in the Owners Handbook.

Lexus term of "Jump Start connections" is totally misleading as connecting via these "Jump Start Connections" does simply put you remotely to the Aux Battery. As the vehicle engine starts from the Main Battery, there really is no such thing as "Jump Starting it.

Hope this helps,

34 minutes ago, James Elias said:

As the vehicle engine starts from the Main Battery, there really is no such thing as "Jump Starting it.

The 12V Battery has to be working in order to boot the hybrid system and get the car into the READY state.

If the 12V Battery is down then a jump start is needed and can be done easily from either the under-bonnet terminals or the 12V Battery terminals.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2020 at 4:50 AM, nigec said:

I have today.New Yuasa 12V Aux battery fitted by me. My 2015 Lexus CT200h  Aux battery was flakey, I needed a jump start from a friend. Just enough to boot the computers to start the car. The aux battery is charged from the Hybrid battery via a DC to DC buck converter ie 210V DC to approx 14.5V DC to charge the aux battery. I added a direct connection to my new Aux battery, to be able to charge in car downtime, using NOCO Genious 2 charger. A NOCO spade connector adaptor connected directly to my new aux battery. I can now easily connect my NOCO Genius 2 charger directly to the aux battery. I find owning a car without an alternator and starter motor a new experience. I have now read up on hybrid cars and how they work. Very interesting.

i too have a ct on a 2015 plate and sometimes it takes few attempts to get the green READY icon to come on the dash

did you get an AMG Yuasa or just a basic one? whats the ah and cca? 

thanks

On 11/5/2018 at 7:17 PM, Poundy said:

With Winter coming and the CT200h being an occasional use car I am noticing battery condition depleting over time. I have a MXS5.0 C-Tek battery maintainer and am thinking of running a C-Tek comfort lead from the battery into the boot so I can get an instant visual on condition and plug it in if required, It would save pulling the panels out if a charge is needed.

So my question is does the negative charger lead need to be earthed separately and not on the battery terminal. In the handbook it says if charging in situ to remove the neg cable completely from the battery but this I presume is for less smart chargers and would be counter productive if fitting a comfort lead for the C-Tek.

On the Jag I have a lead to live and the neg to the body earth, this is necessary because there is a battery monitoring system actually fitted in the neg lead that needs to be bypassed.

If anyones rigged a permanent lead for a battery maintainer to a CT200h, I would appreciate any advice Thanks

I have the same charger and fitted a comfort lead to my previous Jaguar XF direct to the Battery. No issues. It was a replacement Battery too and wasn't calibrated to the car by the previous owner. No problems.

I haven't used it on the CT yet though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nigec my brother replaced his 12V Battery recently on his 2011 CT. The Battery supplied from Toyota main dealer (12v 45Ah-325A BCI-370A EN) AGM tech S46B24R was made in Korea. Toyota quoted him  £104 but got discount and paid £99.95 and I replaced my wife's Battery on her Auris Hybrid and again Toyota quoted £104 although the Auris replacement was only rated at 35Ah. Just curious why yours was £183

• 1 month later...

I’m replacing my Battery tomorrow as it died last night and wouldn’t start. RAC came out to jump start it to get me to work.
I’ve found a YUASA Battery at GSF car parts for £175 with discount. All Lexus and Toyota dealers are closed temporarily so that’s all I can get.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, stormchaser said:

I’m replacing my battery tomorrow as it died last night and wouldn’t start. RAC came out to jump start it to get me to work.
I’ve found a YUASA battery at GSF car parts for £175 with discount. All Lexus and Toyota dealers are closed temporarily so that’s all I can get.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you not able to charge it?

No all the Lexus and Toyota dealers around me are all closed down temporarily.
I got it today from GSF car parts and using there code I got 60% off leaving me to pay £156. It’s a genuine YUASA Battery which is identical to the original one I removed. Very easy job took only 10 mins.
The car only lost the time and kept all other settings eg: radio channels,phone.
Everything is back to normal [emoji1360]

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1