Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Service started

I'm making my way through the check and change list for my service, only hiccup so far is the price of the oil filter wrench (I'm use to sticking a screwdriver through a cartridge) I'm going to change the gearbox oil, so have read through old posts, and a lot of you seem to go for the Mobil 3309 for the RX300, my question is, would this suit my RX350 as I believe they are different gearboxes, thanks

There is info in the Owner's Manual.  I can check later if you haven't got a copy.

How are the various fluid levels?  Reason I ask is on my car a few were over the Max limit - the coolant level was half a litre over!  All fluids very fresh (barring Transmission) but over the limit.

20 hours ago, warspite said:

I'm going to change the gearbox oil, so have read through old posts, and a lot of you seem to go for the Mobil 3309 for the RX300, my question is, would this suit my RX350 as I believe they are different gearboxes, thanks

I'm not sure what your manual recommends but my RX300 manual said Toyota Type-IV and if yours is the same, I would just stick to that. The transmission is a very complex thing and the fluid has various friction modifiers and chemical properties that keep any seals in good condition.

It's not expensive - I got 10 litres from my local Toyota main dealer for about £73.50 and I also got a new pan filter and gasket set for about £80 too.

• Like 1

Interesting, just rang my local Toyota dealer at Tamworth, they said they need a part number, not just the name. So rang local Lexus dealer at Birmingham, they said I need Toyota ATF WS, which is different to what I was told. Also they recon the total capacity is only 3.6 litre. Still waiting for my manual in the post, I suppose they are the experts, has anyone else heard of type WS? Good news is only £15 a Litre.