Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot light what bulb.!!

Hi all:driving:

Have tried the search and have not found any info so hoping our members will enlighten me.:biggrin:

I found today the boot light has packed up working so thought i would look in the owners manual er it's a bulb and that is it what a great help that was:blowup:

I know it is a festoon bulb but does anyone know what size it is as i do not want to rip the car apart just yet just to get the size and how do you get the damn thing out too.:confused1:

If i remember there used to be a list off items for the IS250 cars but i cannot see that either now has it been removed or have i missed it.:down:

Thanks.🙂

65mike:driving:

Might be a good time to 'upgrade' all the interior lamps to LED's that give out a purer white light!

complete sets ( about 12 lamps ) can be had for about £40-50 iirc.

paul m.

Just checked back and this is the set I got, cheaper than stated above, only about £25 in the end but fills the car interior with nice pure white light after fitting as opposed to the mixture of LED and tungsten in the original fittings.

eBay item no 270785553913

paul m.

Hi all.:driving:

Thanks for the info is200 newbie:clapping: i had looked on the us forums to and they were saying 30mm that is why i was confused.:down:

Normski iam surprised that yours is 36mm so i thought i would find out what size mine is and it is 28mm so why your's is 36mm is beyond me, i have decided to order a 30mm philips one should be able to get it in and should be ok.😃

15 minutes ago, 65mike said:

Hi all.:driving:

Thanks for the info is200 newbie:clapping: i had looked on the us forums to and they were saying 30mm that is why i was confused.:down:

Normski iam surprised that yours is 36mm so i thought i would find out what size mine is and it is 28mm so why your's is 36mm is beyond me, i have decided to order a 30mm philips one should be able to get it in and should be ok.😃

Ah that's interesting. My son was rummaging through my bulbs box looking for some festoons for his Audi. I wonder If he took mine and dumped his Audi ones in there?? Little toad.

Must admit I thought it odd as my head was telling me it was 28mm for the boot. Should have just gone and prised off the cover in the boot and looked for myself!!